Topic

Komperdell Ski and Trekking Poles – 50% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Komperdell Ski and Trekking Poles – 50% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

SALE HAS STARTED AGAIN!

Left Lane Sports is having a sale on Komperdell Poles and they have some great deals on adjustable poles. Save up to 50%!

Use this link to receive a $10 credit towards your first purchase if you are a new member. This will also, in turn, give me $10 credit.
    https://www.leftlanesports.com/invite/DanielRussell

I am not affiliated with LLS.

jody vukas

@bologma

Worked my purchases between my wife and myself to get about $30 off of about $100 spent. Picked up the Komperdell Contour Titanal II '09. Thoughts on them? This is my first set of trekking poles so I'm not going to be too picky, especially considering the price I paid.

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Jody,
    I actually purchased the same poles with my $10 credit so I didn't really have an opinion of them. However, they have now been through about 25 miles with me and I love them. They are not SUL but they definitely dependable and do the job without being too heavy to carry. They were hard to pass up for the price and were not too good to be true.

Jim Leonard
    BPL Member

@mxracer33x

Locale: West Coast

I picked up a set of the Titenal 2 09 poles in the last sale (may still be going on). I've been looking for a decent set of 2 piece flip lock poles. I had to throw in a pulsar LED to get me over the $50 mark. I couldnt be happier with the poles for $55 to my door with the LED thrown in.

Just an FYI I shaved an additional 1 oz off each pole by removing the extra foam they added below the grip. I didn't care for the look. It took about an hour and a half to slice, peel then use WD-40 and a rag to get the adhesive off, but its clean and looks alot better, and shaved 10% of the pairs weight.

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Jim,
    I also found that piece to be unattractive so I may do the same, especially for the weight savings.
    Thanks!

Jim Leonard
    BPL Member

@mxracer33x

Locale: West Coast

Here is a pic of the poles cleaned up. The total weight of the set with the trimmed baskets (also pictured) is 17.05 oz. You can save an additional 0.55 oz by removing the pin and wrist strap if you dont use them. This gets the poles to just under 16 oz complete with baskets. I trimmed the baskets down to the flat inner circle and discarded the rest. If you might use the powder baskets you can get buy the smaller baskets online for around $7.

Komperdell Titenal 2 Cleaned up

Komperdell Titenal 2 Basket Trimmed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools