Topic

Bushbuddy vs solostove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Bushbuddy vs solostove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

Solo Stove has an advertisement on Facebook that states: "New Bushbuddy Stove"

… which then links to their site of course. Dirty stuff.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

The Bushbuddy has been copied in Europe for over 3 years now…called the Bushcooker.

At least they had the courtesy to call it by a different name.

HJ
    Adventures In Stoving

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Solo Stove has an advertisement on Facebook that states: "New Bushbuddy Stove"

… which then links to their site of course. Dirty stuff.

Yeah. They're really doing a full court press on marketing their Knock Off and exploiting Fritz's name for the product to do so. Stinks. I hope they fall flat on their a$$.

HJ
    Adventures In Stoving

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

so, it looks like he's been enticing new customers by offering discounts for giving his stoves 5 star reviews on youtube, blogs, amazon.com, etc. he had it featured on trailspace the other day. He also has boy scouts logos on his website now.

whoever this guy is, he's a much better business man than fritz.

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

On the Solo website, they are offering rebates if you purchase their product (on sale for $59.95) AND write a review on it. $20 for a YouTube review, $45 for a review on your blog/website and buy one, get one free for a purchase /review on Amazon (with a 5 star review). Look like they want to buy some credibility.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Jon, too many are trying to buy credibility. We see it often coming through Jim's site.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

whoever this guy is, he's a much better business man than fritz.

If you call sleaze good business, then yes I suppose. Putting unauthorized logos on one's website and attaching such direct compensation for good reviews doesn't sound like "good" business to me.

HJ
    Adventures In Stoving

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Technically you could buy a stove and write and honestly bad review and they would still have to give it to you. I would print the rebate screen before checking out that way if they deny you a refund you can protest it with your CC company..

Info on their website:

Get one FREE Solo Stove: Purchase a Solo Stove from Amazon.com and Submit a Review on Amazon

Instructions & Details

Click here to visit Amazon.com and purchase a Solo Stove.
    After you receive and use your new Solo Stove, click here to go back to Amazon.com and write an honest review.
    Contact us at [email protected] with your Amazon order number and the name your review was written under.
    After we confirm your review, we'll send you one FREE Solo Stove!
    Deadline

Free Solo Stove requests must be emailed to [email protected] before April 30, 2012.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

If you buy one, write a review, and then they send you a free one, what are you going to do with two of them?

–B.G.–

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

The Solo Stove is a Rip-Off Made in China.

The Bushbuddy is Made in Canada by Fritz Handel.

Fritz has an apprentice, Jeff, who manufacturers the BushBuddy in the USA under the Nomadic Stove Company Brand.

Support cottages, and leave negative feedback about the Solo Stove wherever you can. It's a bad rip-off of a high quality, hand made product, and hurts the business of Fritz and Jeff.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

If they are exactly the same then they both have a design flaw.

You have heard mention and may have seen photos of smoke inside the stove while it's burning. Some believe it's wood gas. Kinda looks like fog. It's because there is insufficient air coming in under the fire grate. In one of the photos I show what it looks like looking into a air entry hole at the stove base. The air entering is pulled upward as the hot air rises. A small amount of air enters a thin opening that goes completely around the ash pan and feeds the wood pile from underneath. Keep in mind that the stove is filled with twigs and blocks the majority of air that could possibly enter through the grate. The distance from the grate to the air entry holes at the top inside of the stove is only 2 inches. Now keep in mind that the stove is usually packed with twigs above those holes and so the air entry is blocked to a great degree. Most of the air used in lighting the stove come from above the stove.

One of the photos shows the thin slit for air to enter under the grate.

I played/tested the Bushbuddy alot and know how it works. If the solo is designed just like BB then the flaws are the same.

The BB is a work of art for sure. Welds are outstanding.

It's about the size of a one quart can but only holds 2 inches of fuel if you load it according to it's design. Any higher than that and you block incoming air.

It is my opinion you are better off purchasing a single wall stove such as the "element" that has 4 hinged sides. Or better yet make one. Single wall stoves are just as good as double. My extensive testing has proven it to me.

<center>

</center>

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools