Topic

Eddie Bauer/First Ascent 30% OFF Coupon Code

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Eddie Bauer/First Ascent 30% OFF Coupon Code

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

I just got another email about a great deal going on this weekend. Eddie Bauer is celebrating their 92nd anniversary and they are offering a coupon code for 30% off everything including First Ascent. You will need to use the coupon code NINETYTWO at checkout to receive the 30% discount.. The sale is going to be tomorrow 2/25-2/26 and from what I understand there are no exclusions.

Eddie Bauer/First Ascent 30% Off Sale

I just did some calculations with some of their more popular jackets, and this is what the prices look like…

Sirrocco Wind Shell Jacket Reg.$49.95 Sale.$34.96
    MicroTherm Down Shirt Reg.$169.00 Sale.$118.30
    MicroTherm Down Hoodie Reg.$189.00 Sale.$132.30
    DownLight Sweater Reg.$179.00 Sale.$125.30
    DownLight Hoodie Reg.$199.00 Sale.$139.30
    BC200 Hardshell Jacket Reg.$199.00 Sale.$139.30
    BC MicroTherm Down Jacket Reg.$299.00 Sale.$209.30

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns

Yeah. I've been waiting for the Sirrocco to get down, so I can get it for my son.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

I was thinking of picking up this jacket. Anyone have one? If so how do you like it?

Keith F

@hamerica

Locale: Northern Virginia

Lawson,
    I picked one up for $100 with 50% off coupon. I think it is a great jacket and I think it compares favorably to eVent. I was pretty convinced it was eVent but Chris Wallace said otherwise. Anyway, for less than $200 this is a solid jacket. I could do without all of the logos but that is my only gripe.

Curt Peterson
    BPL Member

@curtpeterson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I have the Sirocco (two, actually). It's a bit heavier than my pullover windshirts, but I wanted a full zip, pockets, and hood. Fit is fantastic. Still pretty darn light. 4.9 or 5.0 ounces in XL. It's super clingy when new, but this goes away. Really soft. No drawstrings. Excellent wrist elastic. Very good DWR. Even a tiny headphone portal in one of the pockets. It's very, very supple so it packs down much smaller than expected.

The hood isn't the greatest. It's much better with a ball cap for sure. Seems too big otherwise.

Overall I considered it a best buy at full retail compared to most windshirts out there. At this price it's ridiculous. BTW – the TALL sizes are actually pretty tall. I almost want to downsize to a regular length and I'm about 6'2"/6'3".

Philip Delvoie
    BPL Member

@philipd

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Lawson,

I have the BC200 and very happy with it. Breathability and durability are both top notch. Would buy another when this one wears out for sure. Size wise I am 6'4" and 200lbs…I have a Tall/Large and it fits well with room to go over a downlight sweater if needed.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Locale: San Francisco bay area

Looking at its photos, it looks this is a really specified to be packed mostly and put on when your softshell can't cope with heavy rain. 3 lacking (weight adding) features which restrict it to this role are no pitzips, there are no popper/velcro on the front zip to allow it vent when unzipped, and the sleeves are the narrow type so you cant cinch above the elbow.

Also if anyone reading is looking as solving the problem of condensation inside some existing jacket, the breathability required is still at least double what all of the best of current fabrics can offer.

For more wear-for-hours type situations more venting options needed which makes it heavier but then you're not carrying in a pack.

So BC200 will have its uses just hope ye'all know its limitations too.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

Just to echo that the Sirocco is an awesome piece of gear. One of my favorite pieces. Hood and chin coverage when fully zipped are my nice features.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools