Topic

2.65oz a square yard WPB material

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 2.65oz a square yard WPB material

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rob Hubbard

@robwa10

Locale: England

As I will be handing in my Masters dissertation next month I have begun to once again consider what MYOG projects I want to embark on. A friend who I usually do overnighters with is more bushwacker than lightweight backpacker. I've been slowly trying to convert him some by making the occasional item for him. I was considering making him, and possibly even myself, a fully waterproof bivy bag to take on overnighters. We don't go if there is lots of rain forcasted. It would make things simpler than taking tarp and bivy.

In my looking for a suitable WPB material for the top that was avaliable to the MYOG crowd I came across this since I'm living in England now.
    http://www.extremtextil.de/catalog/2-5-layer-laminate-Diamond-Ripstop-Nylon-90g-qm::1708.html?XTCsid=1ed380441c1105fce41dd1f5c5e88d89

It seems the lightest of all the materials I've found easily avaliable, though I may have missed some. So I thought it may be of innterest to someone on here possibly.

Rob

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

quest has a 2.5 oz WPB 2.5 layer. On the phone they said it was pretty waterproof.

but since you're in Europe, maybe extremtextil is better

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

From the picture it looks to be the exact same material Quest is selling. I have some but it is in my "some day" pile so haven't done anything with it yet. That pile is getting big, over 50yds of diff stuff i was planning to do at one point or another, maybe i need to do something about that.

-Tim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools