Topic

So What’s Tempting You? C’mon, Spit It Out!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) So What’s Tempting You? C’mon, Spit It Out!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Touche'

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Kat – you're a good sport! I hope you will find your "ideal" water treatment solution — be it a reliable Steripen or some other method.

Jon Hancock
    Spectator

@bigjackbrass

Locale: Northwest England

Much as I'd love a ZPacks Hexamid (and may still crumble, as I've been very impressed with the Zero backpack I bought) I'm still seriously tempted by that grand old standby, the Ray Jardine tarp kit and net tent.

I made a Jardine quilt a while ago (much too bulky for my backpacking needs but excellent when I'm car camping with the missus) and it was a very enjoyable project, despite constant struggles with the sewing-machine I'd borrowed. The Jardine tarp and "Spitfire" inner certainly isn't the lightest or most modern thing on the market, but I've been using a (nearly identical) GoLite Cave for years and it's such a good design; my particular Cave is a bit shorter than the tarp kit, though, so I would certainly benefit from a longer replacement.

Rob E
    Spectator

@eatsleepfish

Locale: Canada

SMD Skyscape X Cuben solo tent. Seems like the ultimate solo shelter.

kevperro .
    BPL Member

@kevperro

Locale: Washington State

Recieved my TT Notch yesterday. The only thing still tempting me starts with ULA.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools