Topic

So What’s Tempting You? C’mon, Spit It Out!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) So What’s Tempting You? C’mon, Spit It Out!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I have everything I need for the next several years' worth of hikes. Nevertheless, these items have caught my attention:

Shelter: Zpacks Hexamid Solo+ Tarptent

Pack: MLD Exodus FS

Pad: Thermarest NeoAir X-lite

Shell: Zpacks Cuben wp/b rain jacket

Must resist the "Buy" button!! So, what's been tempting you lately?

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

MLD Cuben Poncho…I want it. Looks like a sweet piece of distance/adventure running emergency gear to have in the pack…though I'll likely resist because I just can't justify spending $150 on an item that will really only be carried "just in case".

Mountain Hardware Direkt 2 tent. Ouch, $500 (Though I'd probably settle for a Black Diamond Firstlight for half the price). I've got some mountaineering goals in the works (want to do Casaval Ridge on Shasta soon) and need (want?) a light, freestanding winter tent.

Aaron
    BPL Member

@aaronufl

I've been eyeing the Tenkara Amago rod. I'm thinking it would add quite a bit of fun to my backpacking trips and allow me to unwind at the end of a long day. Not to mention get my girlfriend to come with me more often!

Ben F

@tekhna

Trips.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

SMD Skyscape X Cuben solo tent (current tent, TT Moment)

Lightweight eVent rain pants (current rain pants Cabela's GTX PacLite)

Keene eVent boots (current boots Merrill GTX Mid)

Osprey Exos 58 pack (current pack REI Cruise UL 60)

You can see by my current gear that I'm only asking for icing on the cake. What I have is very satisfactory. …but there's that "gear itch" I gotta scratch.

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

I'm wanting a new camera, probably a micro 4/3 system. And a thermarest Xtherm NeoAir pad.

And some free time to take these toys (and my current kit) on some trips!

Arn Aarreberg
    Spectator

@aarrebea

Locale: Northern Bay Area, CA

Granite Gear Crown 60 pack. Looks pretty sweet, might be a thru-hikers best friend. Just waiting for a solid review.

edit: just seen the thread with a link for the sectionhiker review. Yep, may be purchasing this pack.

David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

Locale: mid-west

Need a pair of ski/snowshoe hybrid that can help me pull a winter sled while wearing my mukluks.

Still searching.

Dave

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Three or four profiles on Match.com at the moment….

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Yes. Your priorities are right. " The Most Elusive Butterfly".But do you want one or all of them?

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

I like the weight of the ZPack packs and shelters for summer use. Gotta get my bulk down a little more. Saving for a newer pickup, 4X4. I live in the mountains and my flatlander friends have 4X4's, mine is in a non-op state.
    Duane

ben wood

@benwood

Locale: flatlands of MO

doumid, supermid, shangri-la 3, etc. I am seeing these as cool do-it-all type shelters. but eh…i probably won't buy one.

What i'm really longing for is some MOUNTAINS, the flat lands of missouri are, well….flat

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Snow Peak is supposed to come out with a new little wedge tent in June called, I think, the 'Lago'.
    Freestanding, and around 2.2 lbs. With sturdy carbon pole replacements …?
    I think it was David Ure who posted the first link. The photo looks like a trekking pole is somehow incorporated in the frame.
    No idea what the price will be.
    Yes, skinny wedges can blow over; but a couple guylines can help a lot.
    It is designed for winter use – don't know if it will function also in warm weather.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

New socks. I do actually need socks for once. Darn Tough or Defeets preferably.

Jetboil Sol Ti. The unmatched simplicity and speed of the that pocket flame thrower is tempting.

Registering for the Mogollon Monster 100.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

A bigger, longer G.G.G., with more cottage manufacturers, closer to home.

…and a McHale

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

Climbing trips

I walked around mec today before climbing with a gift card intent on buying some of the new mec gear that came out

Then i realized that there was nothing i needed except to use my current gear more

Its all useless to me if i dont use it

I also stopped by the dead bird outlet … Saw a squamish windshirt for half price … Wasnt even tempted this time

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Dude, I need new socks too. New running shorts also…I'm down to 1.5 pairs of shorts (one in decent shape, one with a rotted out/torn crotch). The decent ones smell like hell because I have to wear them ~4 days/week, mostly without wash. All my Injinjis are full of holes.

My wife won't approach me after runs and I'm beginning to frighten my children.
    Having had poison oak or a rash from poodle-dog bush (turicula) somewhere on me for three months straight hasn't helped either.

But spending money on socks and shorts isn't fun…I usually hold out as long as I can.

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

What's tempting me?
    I hear Cuban is all the rage:
    cuben

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Wow, great responses — although sadly, some love-challenged males among us are taking this thread for a wrong turn!

nanook ofthenorth
    BPL Member

@nanookofthenorth

Tempted!!!

BD Firstlight, Kotatat GMRE & Kotatat Ronin Pro are all tempting me!

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

Jetboil sol Ti

HMG porter

Ryan C
    BPL Member

@radio_guy

Locale: United States

More trips away from the flatlands, somewhere west of the Continental Divide.

Actually, I have all the gear I really need. A 20 degree quilt, TaR X-lite and the new TT Notch would be nice but also costs over $600. Really though, we all should just use what we do have more often.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"although sadly, some love-challenged males among us are taking this thread for a wrong turn!"

Then next time be more specific! You never said it had to be gear, and my answer was an honest one!

Okay, if it's gear you want to know about, this is the year I hope to contact Dan McHale and buy one of his packs. There is simply nothing else that's holding my interest at the moment.

Other than the prof …. never mind.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

I am a rock. I cannot be tempted.

Awwww, who am I kidding? Custom Zimmerbuilt pack, HMG Windrider, Neoair X-therm, and some quilts…..oh wait, I already gave into that one.

JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools