Topic

Stoic Wraith Windshirt 2.5oz – 27.99

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Stoic Wraith Windshirt 2.5oz – 27.99

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bradford Childs

@ford22

Backcountry.com has the Stoic Wraith wind jacket 60% off. In yellow, L or XL.

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Can anyone comment on the breathability of this thing? Is it comparable to the houdini?

George Roefler

@arizona

Thanks for the heads up Ford. $27.99, plus free shipping for a 2.5 oz hooded wind shirt is a great deal.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

george, how did you get free shipping? i was thinkin of picking this up but it was $9 for shipping for me?

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

I can't comment on the Houdini, but the Wraith has pretty decent breathability. In +70F weather I barely sweat all weekend with it on. In direct sun though with a L/S I had to take it off. It does let in a small amount of air in a wind so should be pretty good.

My only gripe with the Wraith is that it's DWR doesn't stand up to AZ's fat rain drops. In most misty-drizzle rains like the rest of the world it's probably fine, but if you have really heavy rain drops in your area it will wet out surprisingly quickly. I may revivex mine to see if that helps the problem.

As for sizing, they are pretty snug with little stretch. I'm usually a 36-38" chest depending on climbing activity and in the small if I fully bring my arms across my body the back is tight and limits the extremes of arm mobility. Not really noticeable while hiking, but occasionally happens while climbing.

Add another $2.70 savings by signing up/using Mr Rebates and for $~25 this shirt really can't be beat!
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=555624

(The above link does provide me with a small $$$ incentive but if for some reason you're against that or poor college kids ;) and still want the cash back go to mrrebates.com directly)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools