Topic

Ibex, Icebreaker & Smartwool @ EMS.com outlet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Ibex, Icebreaker & Smartwool @ EMS.com outlet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bobby Jones
    BPL Member

@bobbyjones

EMS has added an additional 20% off all items in their online outlet store.

I thought my deal last week for an Ibex Shak Jersey @ $75 was good… ordered another today for $60.

Similar deals on Limited Icebreaker and Smartwool pieces.

Kim Pingatore

@tryker13

Locale: Close to the AT in Central VA

The outlet has a sock deal of buy 3 pairs, get the 4th pair free. Just picked up some Darn Tough socks!

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

yes, quantum hoodie for $77!! been wanting this as a mid layer for a while now, thanks!!

James R
    BPL Member

@habakkuk

Got myself Icebreaker Quantum hoody – can't go wrong at that price. I think I grabbed the very last one in size Large.

Peter James
    BPL Member

@pbjames

Locale: High Sierra

I just had one of these delivered in medium, but the fit is too tight around the neck for me. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

Locale: West of the Mississippi

Hey Peter,

I'm interested in the hoodie, but can't seem to find a sizing chart anywhere. Could you give me your measurements so that I can get an idea as to whether it would fit me or not? Since it's too tight in the neck, do you happen to know your neck measurement? I wear a 16-34 (neck, arm length) dress shirt and am a 40R in a sport coat.

Thanks!

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

I've found the neck area "stretches" a fair amount over a brief time. I've found mine has done so enough to be comfortable but not become so loose as to allow for wind to penetrate. It did not take long for me, I wear a 15.5/16 neck.

that said, I love this jacket so so much…

Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

Locale: West of the Mississippi

Thanks for the input Steven… Did you go with the medium or the large?

Peter James
    BPL Member

@pbjames

You're a fair bit bigger than I, at at 14.5" neck and 32" arm.

It's interesting to see that it loosens up a bit over time, but I don't think I want to deal with the pressure of the zipper on my adams apple until it does.

Also, the material is both heavier, yet seemingly not as warm as Patagonia R1. I understand that there are other benefits to merino, but they seem to apply better as a base layer, than a mid layer, for my purposes.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

I went with the medium. It is the downside with IB gear that so few stores carry their gear for you to try on.

Jesse Austin

@jaustin

Do you still have the hoody for sale?

Peter James
    BPL Member

@pbjames

Yeah, I was going to send it back to EMS tomorrow. Shoot me an email to [email protected] if you'd like me to pass it on to you instead.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools