Topic

Finished: Tarps!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Finished: Tarps!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Drew Davis
    BPL Member

@drewnc2005

Locale: Denver, CO

I finished up my second tarp this weekend and figured I'd post some pictures. The first tarp I made is the one in which I am laying under. It is about 8 ft. 5 in. x 5ft. 6 in. The second one which I made for a friend is the same width but slightly longer; ~ 9ft.

I have some pictures of it set up in the half pyramid shape and another one where I took the second tarp and made a sort of awning – creating, in effect, a 3 person shelter. I put my windshirt over the trekking pole tip to keep it from rubbing the tarp overhead. It was pretty windy yesterday so I saw very quickly that the tarps were wind-worthy.

Future plans: sewing a slit-style hood into it to make a 9-10 ounce piece of equipment which will double as my shelter and rain gear/pack cover most of the year. I'm going to sew some chaps and/or a skirt for the other half of the rain gear. This was my first real sewing project outside of stuff sacks so I'm feeling ambitious.

Rodney Davis
    BPL Member

@ramrod

Locale: North Carolina

Looks great Drew!I like the double tarp set up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools