Topic

salomon acti-therm

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) salomon acti-therm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ben wood

@benwood

Locale: flatlands of MO

Does anyone know what salomon's acti-therm fabric is comparable to?
    I'm thinking its kinda like a powerstretch, very soft on inside and smooth on the outside.

Just curious and figure someone would know.

Ben W.
    BPL Member

@benjita

Locale: Arlington, VA

Ditto. Trying to determine CLO.

Bogs and Bergs

@islandized

Locale: Newfoundland

I have a Salomon Acti-therm running jersey, it's most like a slightly thinner, but much stretchier Polartec Windpro, with a less 'shiny' but very dense face. Very soft and fleecy inside, good sweat wicking and dry feel. The high stretch, wind resistance, and mesh armpits (awesome feature!) make it a fantastic cold weather layer. (I also love the low profile pockets placed horizontally on the front and back hems of running jerseys, with their tiny hidden seam zippers, great in winter for the stuff you need to keep warm.)

Clo-value, I wish I could help you. I can only say it's the warmest base layer in my closet by far, and I can easily wear this with no other layers (while active) well below freezing. The wind resistance makes a huge difference. I can't imagine wearing it above +5 C.

Ben W.
    BPL Member

@benjita

Locale: Arlington, VA

I think the Saloman may be similar to the Ragged Mountan Stretch jacket referenced in the "The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?" thread. CLO is .957.

Bogs and Bergs

@islandized

Locale: Newfoundland

I think the ActiTherm might have a slicker surface, but otherwise seems very like the Powerstretch. ActiTherm may also be somewhat denser, and therefore thinner for its warmth. I think. Maybe. Hope somebody who owns both can confirm, this impression comes from studying Polartec's website. Salomon's site isn't too helpful, is it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools