Topic

MontBell Ultralight Down Jacket Size

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MontBell Ultralight Down Jacket Size

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tord Nilsen

@tonito

Hi there. My first post…

I am looking into buying a MontBell UL down jacket. But here in Norway we have no dealers therefor I have to buy from a US webshop. I think it will be Amazon, if no one have any better suggestions.
    But to my question. I am not sure about witch size I should buy. Does anyone have this jacket give me a hint about size.

My measurements are:
    Shoulder to shoulder 55cm
    Around chest: 110cm
    Around navel:107 (yes I know)
    Shoulder to where the hand begins: 53cm

I don't think it should be a very tight fit, cause I need a layer underneath the jacket.

Thanks in advance.

Jason Cravens
    Spectator

@packpack

Locale: Cumberland Plateau

Welcome…

I have one of these I wear often. I am not sure of my exact measurements, but I typically wear large jackets/coats. I bought a large and find that it fits me well. That being said, I think they are true to size or fairly close if you plan on wearing a thinner layer underneath. Ordering from Mont Bell directly or even shopping the gear swap section on this site might save you some money.

Art Tyszka
    BPL Member

@arttyszka

Locale: Minnesota

Tord, I just did the quick conversion and around your naval is 42" – about the same as me. I wear the XL and it has more than enough room to layer and leave enough space for air to be trapped. I think you'd fit in a L, but it would be tight. Great jackets, you'll love it.

Tord Nilsen

@tonito

Thanks Art Tyszka. Then I only need to find a way to get it shipped to me. Seems like they are not shipping to Norway at all. Not from Amazon or other places.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools