Topic

world’s lightest toothbrush possibly?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) world’s lightest toothbrush possibly?

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Drop Bear
    BPL Member

@dropbear

I got some 2 gram brush heads from MUJI in Japan.
    It slots into the Evernew chopstick spork(15g)
    or this cheap chopstick called the Ecolostick(6g)
    toothbrushspork
    12g toothbrushspork
    8g toothbrushspork
    4g toothbrush

Leigh Baker
    BPL Member

@leighb

Locale: Northeast Texas Pineywoods

Ty Ty,
    Coincidentally I picked up a Dr. Du More's on my last trip to the store :) I did cut a bit off the end with a pair of wire cutters. In the recent past (only been backpacking about a yr and a half)I've used the Wisp's, found them ok for an overnight, but then switched to a child's tbrush, and now will give the DDM a try. I like having a full size brush, which the first two don't have, and I completely agree that with any, floss is essential. I use baking soda kept in a tiny craft ziplock.

edited for spelling… it's baking soda,not backing soda :)

BPL Member

@rememberthelorax

Just wanted to jump in quick on this.

The DawnMist Denture Brush is $0.17 cents and is 8.29 grams (0.292) – plus it has heads on both sides so when one side wears, out you still got some life left in the same brush!

Just be aware that this sucker does not know the meaning of "soft".

Jane Freeman

@janefree

Locale: Paauilo

I learned this from a hospital administrator but there's plenty of information that supports it — flossing can add 6 years to a life span. The sub-ounce weight is worth it!

Nick Larsen

@stingray4540

Locale: South Bay

Why does everyone cut there tooth brush handles off? It seems you would save just as much weight by drilling holes in the handle, yet still maintain a full length handle.

I like the arrow shaft idea, my wife breaks plenty of them…

clint w
    BPL Member

@pafarmboy

lance endo
    BPL Member

@thump-thump

Jeff Hubatka
    BPL Member

@jeffreyh

Locale: SoCal

Some thread narcolepsy but here goes….

My goodness, this is a lot of work to brush the teeth – buy brush, get out the drill or saw, sand it smooth, maybe glue things together etc. I just go to the 99 cent store and get a kid’s dental pack, it comes with the small toothpaste tube and a shorter (lighter) brush.

Elliott Wolin
    BPL Member

@ewolin

Locale: Hampton Roads, Virginia

I’ve read that backpacking dentists would rather take floss and no toothbrush than the other way around.  My dentist gives out tiny floss samples, I plan to take them (along with a toothbrush) from now on.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools