Topic

Gossamer Gear Murmur Hyperlight 2012 Unboxing – Video Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion Gossamer Gear Murmur Hyperlight 2012 Unboxing – Video Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

My first-look "unboxing" video review:

Gossamer Gear Murmur Hyperlight 2012 Unboxing

Jennifer W
    BPL Member

@tothetrail

Locale: So. Cal.

Nice vid! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I really love the curved shoulder straps. I had to send my Mariposa Plus (need to fit a Bearikade Weekender inside) to them to modify my shoulder straps into a curved shape. What a difference that made.

I can see why there is such demand for this pack, it really looks to be well thought out.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

@Jennifer, you're welcome. I hear it fits women very well. Let us know if you get one.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Nice job on the video (and the website). This pack does look super nice. I'm impressed.

Heather Hohnholz
    BPL Member

@hawke

Seems to fit me well so far, although I haven't done any major time with it yet. Very comfortable under a light load (~5lbs) on a 4 mile city walk, anyway. Can't wait to get it into the mountains this summer.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

@Dan, thanks bud, are you considering one?

@Heather
    , thank you for the feedback regarding the women's fit. My wife was eyeing mine today, but here Golite Jam is still new.

I weighed the pack and made some minor mods, plus talk a little bit about future mods here:

Murmur Weight on our Scales and Mods

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

No I'm not seriously considering one, but it is an awesome pack. Some of the design touches (ie. the cord buckles used to cinch the lid) are amazing. I also really like the aesthetic of the pack. It's a great update to a great pack.

This past summer I bought a custom Zpacks Zero with some options, that Joe made to suit specifically my needs/habits. It's not quite as handsome as the new Murmur, but functionality it's exactly what I want and it's 5.1oz. I posted some pics/info on it a few months back here:
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=55091

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools