Topic

Los Angeles, SoCal Feb 18-20 (Prez Day Wknd)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Los Angeles, SoCal Feb 18-20 (Prez Day Wknd)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Anyone up for a 3-day, 2 nighter in Los Angeles area of SoCal? (Feb 18 SAT – Feb 20 MON)

I saw the Anza Borrego trip down near San Diego, but that's too for south for an overnighter like they're planning. Plus I'd like a little more mileage.

We've got the Sespe wilderness here where I live in Ojai which is nice. Also the 68 mile Backbone Trail in the Santa Monica mountains would be doable.

I'm open to other spots too. So who's up for it?

I'm an SUL backpacker with a 30 mile per day comfort zone, but happily adjust to others styles, as long as we hit a minimum of 12 miles per day.

Cheers,

Jhaura
    Ultralight Backpacking Gear

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

Hi Jhaura,

I don't think I can get away this weekend, but I'd be up for teaming up for some other hikes in the local area this spring if you're interested. I'm just over the hill from you in Carp. With a week or two advanced notice, I could forseeably pull together a 1 to 3-night trip pretty easily.

I mostly hike around the Los Padres.

-Nick

Samuel Kau
    Spectator

@skau

Locale: Southern California

This weekend is also a little short notice for me but with a little bit of more warning I would definitely want to drive up to you guys. I live in Orange County but would not mind driving up for a weekend trip. I normally don't do 30 mile days and my longest so far has been consecutive 20 mile days. I only started backpacking a year ago but would love to learn more and meet you guys!

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

In addition to some trail running I have to do, I have a tentative backpack planned with my son.

I would be up for future trips though, so definitely post anything you're doing/put out some invites.

kevin smith

@divr6347

nick

im up for another sespe trip this spring if we can swing it that would be cool

little farther drive for me from bakersfield but not out of range by any means

let me know if your planning to head out there and ill try to make it out

kevin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools