Topic

Antibacterial Wet Wipes/ Fire starter?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Antibacterial Wet Wipes/ Fire starter?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

This thread may exist, but I bought some Antibacterial wet wipes for $1.00 for 18 pack at office depot here in San Diego. They weigh 0.15oz, are about 5x5inches and yes they burn, the wrapper left over would not even show up on my scale. This will be a new alternative to bringing the liquid version.

ww

Phillip Colelli
    Spectator

@pdcolelli42

Locale: AT, follow@ www.thruperspective.com

Great find and great picture. Any idea on approximately how long it burned? That's a great price too. I wonder how easy these would be to find in small trail towns. I suppose a grocery store may have something equivalent.

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

make sure you keep them with your food though, as they'll attract animals due to the smell..

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

>"as they'll attract animals due to the smell.."

That's definitely true in Africa. We learned that the locals are very careful about citrus scents in elephant country. Scared the scat out of us when they came around the trees towards our lunch spot where we'd peeled oranges!

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

I did try to use up the liquid in it before the fire test, it did not light up fast, but it was dry, burned for about 10sec. And as to the Citrus smell, I didn't smell any citrus at all on them. Any yes, I pack my scented items with my food. No elephants for me! But plenty of Alaska Browns.

Jack Hoster

@orlandohanger

"That's definitely true in Africa. We learned that the locals are very careful about citrus scents in elephant country. Scared the scat out of us when they came around the trees towards our lunch spot where we'd peeled oranges!"

Thanks for the heads up! I haven't met any elephants hiking yet, but would hate to have them stomp around my camp looking for nuts.

Maybe unscented ones would work.

Ron Berry

@squishware

Locale: Southwest Florida

On multi day trips I use an antibacterial Wet Ones as TP and another for the hands after.

Edward Z
    BPL Member

@fuzz

Locale: Sunny San Diego
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools