Topic

Regular Handle Titanium Spoon (like FireLight SUL)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Regular Handle Titanium Spoon (like FireLight SUL)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

So besides, the UK site (ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk) which sells the Tibetan Ti stuff, does any US store, distrib or manufac sell a plain and simple * regular * handle (not long) ti spoon (not sporK)?

Here's what I mean: BPL Ti Spoon.

I can't believe no one is dist this stuff in the US.

Looks like Vargo gets a sporK version of it from the same source. The REI one is no good, Montbell changed theirs, uggh. Sea to Summit is cruddy aluminum.

Jhaura
    Ultralight Backpacking Gear

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Jhaura,

Campmor has an Optimus Titanium 3 Piece Cutlery Set for $17.97 plus shipping.

Optimus Titanium 3 Piece Cutlery Set

I realize all you want or need is the spoon but it was all my internet search revealed that wasn't out of stock or the extra long handled type.

Ultralight Designs has one on their site for $6.95 plus shipping but it is out of stock.

http://www.ultralightdesigns.com/products/cooking/Ti-spoon.html

6.375" titanium spoon

Maybe you could email them at [email protected] and ask when and if they will have the spoons back in stock.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Party On,

Newton

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Those Sea to Summit ones might be aluminum but the ones I have have given good service and are lighter and cheaper than their titanium counterparts.

It does not all have to be titanium and cuben.

a b

@ice-axe

I just had to laugh seeing this post!
    Every year someone in my family tries to give me a Christmas or Birthday gift related to my passion for hiking and backpacking.
    This year i got a Sea to Summit Spork.
    I have been using a Coughlans "El Cheapo" plastic spoon for the past 3 years so this new metal spoon is not entirely unwelcome.
    At least it's better than the drawer full of butane powered pocket hand warmers i seem to have accumulated over the years.
    Anyhow, this Sea to Summit spork is T6 Hard Anodized Aluminum Alloy.
    I have been using it to dig Nutella and peanut butter out of the jar around the house. So far it's been strong and flexes less than my plastic spoon.
    Aluminum is lighter than Titanium last time i checked…

nanook ofthenorth
    BPL Member

@nanookofthenorth

MEC sells the long handled Ti one

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Thank you @Newton for the detailed post. You're right, the ultralightdesigns one is the closest. I'll check with them. Don't need a fork or knife.

@kthompson
    and @Ice-axe, you are correct the StoS T6 is a great item. It is actually just like the TI one in terms of look, even lighter and better priced as you mentioned. I'm glad you both dig it.

However, for myself, I don't use aluminum utensils for health reasons, so in this case, yup, it has to be "all cuben and TI." I purposely didn't mention that because, I didn't want the post to get hijacked or sidetracked based on that information, which it probably will now. :-) Hint: not an invitation.

Anyway, hopefully some enterprising person will bring the TI stuff back on US soil. From the past posts I searched before posting this thread, a lot of BPL users are lamenting the loss of BPL FireLight TI products (mugs, pots, utensils etc). Ce la vie.

Thank you all again for the input. Over the last 5 years of membership, I've found you can always get good info here at BPL.

Steve B
    BPL Member

@geokite

Locale: Southern California

Just picked up a couple of bamboo spoons at my local asian foods/items store. 0.45oz and quite strong. Just an option, try a search here for bamboo spoon for some other musings on the topic.

Steve

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

FWIW this extra long rehydrate spoon is very cheap and easily cut down to size.

GSI rehydrate spoon

Party On,

Newton

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools