Topic

“Paleo Fueled Adventure” in the Arctic

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition “Paleo Fueled Adventure” in the Arctic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Finally found an article about eating for adventure travel using paleo/ primal nutrition. Until now there has always been the great worry about how to fuel the high calorie needs and exertion that hiking or biking or packrafting require. This article takes a serious look at the issue, though it is only introductory at the moment.

I'm seriously wondering just how viable and realistic this is. I would dearly like to hear what Andrew Skurka would think, given his experience. I do find it quite significant that Andrew Badenoch, the adventurer, is coordinating his efforts with qualified scientists in order to get good, verifiable results.

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

I know the foods from my own books were used for a month-long botanical survey of Tuktut Nogait National Park which was done with canoes and on foot… but I'd be really interested in learning more about how Paleo would work for such a trip. It would be wonderful info to pass along to my contact.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools