Topic

I was looking through old threads and came upon this one….

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion I was looking through old threads and came upon this one….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    P. Larson

@reacttocontact

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=29143

Not sure how many people who contributed are still posting on here. For those who are, did you ever get your stuff back?

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I remember that thread, something seemed really fishy to me. Also seems I remember he had not paid back or returned items previously before this thread started. Also, he had no job, was not working and could not help finance most of this himself. Seems like if you want to do a thru hike you should plan and support yourself, not ask for charity. So no, I contributed nothing.

However, I have contributed anonymously to people over the past several years. This has been gear and even cash. My criteria is that they are college kids, they have a job to help support their education, they sound like they will be contributors to our society in the future, AND they DO NOT ask for help. I made one exception to the above rule and donated cash to a couple of hikers last year, who I thought were absolutely outstanding individuals. What I give has no strings attached and no other expectations.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools