Topic

Found an awesome multi-use item for biking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring Found an awesome multi-use item for biking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth Tracy
    BPL Member

@mariposa

Locale: Outside

After getting a new helmet that does not have a sun visor, I went searching for a visor that is thin enough to fit under a helmet. Just got this 2-oz. Visor Buff:

https://www.buffwear.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/2737

…and can't believe how useful it is. The visor is just the right length and angle for under a helmet. The visor can be flipped up during a downhill section to allow full visibility. The material is thin so that I didn't have to adjust the chin straps on the helmet. It provides some sun protection for my neck (though it's not full coverage).

Here's what else I have made it do:

1. Neckwarmer
    2. Balaclava
    3. Open-air visor
    4. Baseball cap
    5. Baseball cap with neck coverage from the sun
    6. Towel or handkerchief in camp

So I'm going to leave my towel and neckwarmer behind on the next overnight bikepacking trip, and just bring this.

It might go hiking with me, too, though the sun coverage is not as good as with my regular hat.

I'm in the U.S., the shipping price from Europe was reasonable and it arrived fast.

– Elizabeth

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Good find Elizabeth. I found a foam visor (mine is black) for 1 dollar and did the same. The foam can be cut to any length bill if seems too long. It works great.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools