Topic

50% off Neoair’s + free shipping (old style.. not xlite)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 50% off Neoair’s + free shipping (old style.. not xlite)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    J Boro

@jbend

Locale: PNW

Todd- Ordered 2 Mediums at 10am on Thursday and haven't received a shipping confirmation either.

J Boro

@jbend

Locale: PNW

I order two Neoairs from Backwoods on Thursday morning. I called an actual store today as I hadn't received a shipping confirmation and they informed me my order had been cancelled (the online crew did not tell me when they cancelled my order) and that there were 14 other cancelled orders for the same product. I asked the guy on the phone to check company inventory and even though he was really helpful, there weren't any left anywhere in the country,

Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

Locale: West of the Mississippi

Todd & J Boro,

I received my shipping confirmation email today, and Todd you're correct, Backwoods is shipping from the stores where they still have the Neoair in stock. In my case, I ordered two in large and received two shipping confirmation notices: one from Oklahoma City and one from Council Bluffs, Iowa. After reading your comment I was getting a little nervous about my order (I ordered mine on February 1st), but it appears that both are on the way. The only item I still have not received a confirmation for is my second stuff sack…

Hopefully this fire sale ends with happy customers rather than refunds. Good luck!

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Since I tried to get one and missed out, I would be interested in buying a large Neoair from someone here, if they find it's not what they wanted after trying it out.

Thanks ,Jack

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

not that surprising, they have always taken off older models from their website.

GoLite does this too, it's pretty annoying.

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

"I REALLY hope these closeouts mean that the Xtherm is going to be here soon."

I just ordered an Xtherm from Cabela's. Says it's due to arrive next tuesday. We'll see. Added a pair of socks to take advantage of 1 cent shipping on clothing.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Locale: San Francisco bay area

"1st gen. NeoAirs are discontinued. Big mistake in my book. No rectangular pads other than the Trekker and All Season. -1 on tapered pads."

I'd agree when it is the Xlite small, its so tappered its not even there around the hips.

I've just used this old Geardeal and ordered a Neoair Small – the Xlite's weight saving is VAPOR when it comes to the SMALL, much less so the Regular. The additional R value, from my All Seasons experience is probably true.

Hope Backwoods honor and deliver my Neoair Small for its $65.

Justice Baker
    BPL Member

@jkokbaker

Locale: Central Oregon

Let us know if you get the Xtherm from Cabelas, I will probably order one also.

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

Just to update those interested on my Cabela's order:

The order confirmation email says I ordered an Xlite, when clearly that was not what I selected, nor what was shown in my cart at the time of checkout

I called customer service who were actually very helpful. The confirmed that the description on the order said XLite, but that the product code brought up the XTherm.

There was no way for them to go open my packed shipment to confirm one way or another what was actually being shipped. She said there's literally about a 3 minute window in which they can act after an order is placed because the system is very automated.

I had her make a note on my order about my concern and there is a free return label that ships with the package so I can get a refund if it's not what I wanted. Fortunately I only paid $0.01 for shipping so I guess I'd only be out 1 cent and some time if this turns out to be an Xlite.

I have my doubts (always did) that I'll end up with an XTherm for that price, but who knows. I will be sure to update you all once the package actually arrives

Wish me luck!

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

"Hope Backwoods honor and deliver my Neoair Small for its $65"

Pretty sure that those are sold out as well even though their web-site says they are still available. i think someone in the other "Backwoods" thread said that his order for a small neoair was refunded.

Anyone receive their NeoAir yet ?

I ordered a regular and a large and it looks like only the large shipped . . .

Bobby Lee

@rblee

very dissapointing, not only the ancient inventory system they employ, but that refunds have not been quicker either. somebody mentioned earlier in this thread about companies making a quick cash grab. we shall see.
    ive had refunds from real serious companies that take only take one or two days.

I will post when my refund is in my account, they notified me 2/2/12 that it was out of stock, so its been 3 business days(5 days)and no refund.

Bobby Lee

@rblee

no refund yet

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

If you used Visa or MC, you can dispute the charges and they have to withdraw the charge until they've investigated your dispute. It's an option you have.

Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

Locale: West of the Mississippi

I received my first (of two) Neoair in the mail yesterday along with the stuff sack. Hopefully the second will get here today… Hope others have luck with their orders.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

I ordered from Backwoods.com a Neoair Small , got an ordering confirmation. No shipping contact since, no shipping statement. My creditcard shows a temporary/pending item. I sent an email off to their customer service and will phone them Monday (only open 9-5 M-F).

Sounds like it was out of stock.

Bobby Lee

@rblee

unbelievable, no refund yet. these guys are clueless.

P. Larson

@reacttocontact

Campmor has Neo Air's on sale. The small is $79.95.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Pity no discount coupon. I see it was just asked already in another thread.

I went right through an ordering process, NOWHERE on screen I could see where a discount coupon could be applied.

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

Nigel,

Remember to check cashreporter.com to see whether the place you are purchasing from does cashback. If you type in Campmor at cashreporter you'll find a number of cashback sites offering cashback for Campmor. Mr Rebates is reputable and is offering 6% of your purchase back. Not a tonne on a $75 purchase but if you are gearing up and making a fair amount of purchases the cashback can add up pretty quickly . . .

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

@Bobby, did you get your refund yet?

Seth R
    BPL Member

@lerxst

Locale: Northeast

They credited my card on 2/8. I'm much happier with the %20 I got off on my WM Megalite + the %6 cashback and $5 Mr. Rebates bonus. Thanks to Bobby for the tip.

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools