Topic

July Trip Suggestions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning July Trip Suggestions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cory McArtor

@like2bsailing

I should have roughly a month of leave around the end of June/most of July. I'm looking to do a 7ish day trip or two 3-4 day trips. The problem is, I have no idea where to go, so I'm asking you guys for suggestions. I'd like to go somewhere where it won't be hot, so out west or up north are the general areas I'm looking at. I was thinking of Colorado or Wyoming but I'm not sure how much snow there will be. My only trips out west have been in the Collegiate Peaks Wilderness in late May/early June and I'd like to avoid that much snow. I would like to go less than 15 miles a day, probably in the 10-12 range but i could do more if necessary. Good scenery is a must, and I would like to do some hiking above the tree line. I'm pretty good at navigation, so i can do some off trail stuff, but I'd prefer that at least some of the trip be on trails since this may be a solo trip. Any ideas?

Cory McArtor

@like2bsailing

After looking at some old trip reports on here, it looks like the Highline Trail in the Wind River Range might be a good option. Any ideas if there would be too much snow in July?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools