Topic

MYOG inflatable pillow

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG inflatable pillow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dale stuart
    Spectator

@onetwolaugh

Locale: Pacific NW

I am a side sleeper and wanted a light weight pillow rather than use a stuff sack with my down jacket.(Besides if you layer your sleep system, you may need that jacket to stay warm) My first attempt was not so good – just couldn't get a replacement air mattress valve to seal properly, so I switched to another idea – a simple roll closure and a clip to keep it closed.

My pillow is basically 15"x10" with a 4" roll closure. It's made with heat seal-able fabric with 1/2" sealed seams. There is also a 2" baffle down the center that creates a cradle for my head.

deflated

It folds up to a small package.
    folded pillow

Here's the inflated picture.

inflated pillow

Lastly it fits my needs for being light to at 1.3oz.

-Dale

Ozzy McKinney
    Spectator

@porcupinephobia

Locale: PNW

I've been contemplating something similar, if you don't mind sharing wear did you source the fabric and what did you use to seal it? Clothes iron?

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Buy a thermarest repair kit to get a valve and then glue it in with Aquaseal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools