Topic

2 person quilt features

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 2 person quilt features

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Trevor Wilson
    BPL Member

@trevor83

Locale: ATL -- Zurich -- SF Bay Area

I'm looking into having a 2 person quilt made. For those of you that have one or have looked into them before, what are some of the features you would want in such a quilt? I've been thinking along the lines of open footbox with velcro and draw string closure so we could use it as a comforter in warmer weather and a draft sleeve in the middle. Is there anything else I should be thinking about?

If you wanted to be able to stay warm to around 20 deg F or the high teens, what temperature would you be aiming for? I was thinking about 30 deg or 2.25 in of loft figuring that our body warmth and other layers (synthetic and down parkas) could push it down 10 or more degrees. Do you think that is reasonable?

Also, for those of you that have one, do know what the dimensions of your quilt are and the amount of down fill used?

Thanks for the help!

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

I don't have one, but Jacks R Better sells one. Might be a good to check out their desire for ideas.

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Large%20Family.htm

Trevor Wilson
    BPL Member

@trevor83

Thanks, Ben! I have seen their site (and Nunatak's) and have looked at them for initial ideas. They are the only two companies making commercially available quilts as far as I know.

If there are any out there that have a two person quilt, I'd love to hear your thoughts on features, dimensions, loft / temp rating, etc.

Cheers,
    Trevor

Tim Anderson

@timbikeswitzerland-com

I just posted a thread on a twin quilt too. I found a few more
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=74376

Did you end up buying one? If so, are you happy with it?
    I too live in Switz.
    takeC@re,
    Tim

Trevor Wilson
    BPL Member

@trevor83

Hi Tim,

I didn't end up getting one, unfortunately.

Yeah, I noticed though that zpacks came out with a double since I posted that. It looks really nice.

I'll definitely follow your thread to see if you get one.

CH is awfully nice. I'm looking forward to summer and being able to hike again but already know I'll be sad when the great snow we have had melts away and I can's ski any more.

Good luck with the purchase!
    Trevor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools