Topic

Summer AT Hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Summer AT Hike

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Chris M
    BPL Member

@kringle

Locale: California

I'm out of school for the spring and summer, but I will be starting graduate school in the fall. Kind of as a last chance thing, I plan to thru hike the Appalachian Trail during the summer (or could start earlier based on a hiking partner's need). I've planned this trip before, but couldn't go on it because of an unexpected work opportunity I decided to take.

I hope to tackle the trail in around 90 days, by trying to started well trained. What I would really like is someone to hike with me. I have discussed it with a few friends, but many of them are entering their last year of undergrad and are taking internships for the summer.

If anyone thinks they might be interested in taking on the AT in about half the normal time, PM me. I'd especially be interested in finding a partner from the southeast so that we could meet up for some hikes beforehand to know each other's style a bit more.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools