Topic

Hi, cool fuel container

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Hi, cool fuel container

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ben Figula

@cbjfig

I just recently joined this forum/community and am already overwhelemed with ideas and projects, and for that I thank you all. I made a zen stove about five years ago and after finding this site decided to make a few more. Nothing special but what I wanted to share (not sure if this is the correct thread) is my new fuel bottle.
    flask
    It is a "disposable flask". They hold 7.5-8oz each depending on brand and weigh a touch under an ounce when empty. Sorry the weight isnt more precise but I only have a cheapo scale. I like the fact that they can bend/conform, and the size diminishes after each use as opposed to a hard shell container. They are pretty cheap as well, around $3 each

Thanks for listening, and providing an enormous wealth of information.

Cheers Ben

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Where did you get it?Any shipping cost? Are you sure it doesn't leak-many do. What kind of fuel or ?? are you carrying?It may be unsafe for white gas. How hard is it to puncture? If you sit on it will it burst?

”V” (CzechClown)
    BPL Member

@czechclown

I'm going to order a Transparent Flask Design and try it out.

The Original Disposable Flask

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

you can get these from any grocery store. juice or apple/banana/fruit sauce come in em..

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

Locale: SouthEast

More details here:

The Original Disposable Flask

Don Meredith
    lightpack.blogspot.com

Ben Figula

@cbjfig

I have used one for over a year for its intended purpose and have never had a leak(more than can be said for my metal flask) There are curently severaly manufactureers available.

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Absent any road tests for things you don't drink you may be better off with recycling a boxed wine bladder . $3 for this thing is expensive compared to a real Nalgene flexible which at about $9 is at least bulletproof at 3 times the price and works well with a Steripen.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Thanks for sharing!

I like the small size, and it can flex to desired shape in the cookpot. Cool.

Kevin Beeden
    BPL Member

@captain_paranoia

Locale: UK

Some examples of these pouches for drinks/food use were posted on the OM Meths Burner Q&A thread.

I'd collected a few, but they felt just a bit too vulnerable for my liking, and the narrow nozzle meant refilling was tricky.

Keith Craigs

@keithcraigs

as Jason said : I've used these –
    gogo
    much cheaper than $3 each even when filled with applesauce

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools