Topic

How I Make a Living as an Adventurer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique How I Make a Living as an Adventurer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 76 post (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

"If Skurka consciously chooses that route of self-development instead of the more common and socially expected one, that's not Peter Pan syndrome. It's just a different path."

IME, it's the preferred path. To this day, I take it as a compliment when someone tells me to grow up. ;o)

"The Artic 1000 took a type of mental maturity most of us here will never achieve."

It definitely took mental maturity, if by that you mean putting your egos aside and
    focusing on the business at hand with a clear mind, realistic expectations of what is
    within your capabilities under the circumstances in which you find yourselves, and planning/acting accordingly. However, I disagree that this kind of mental maturity will never be achieved by most of us. Anybody who is into climbing of any kind, diving(free or with tanks), or any number of other activities with potentially fatal consequences, achieve that kind of mental maturity on a regular basis. Or die.

Viewing 76 post (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools