Topic

a possum down sock

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals a possum down sock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

I'm an idiot and have lost 1 possum down sock. If anyone is limb challenged or has also misplaced 1 sock I'll mail this one to you for free, just email me an address. Size large… I won't tell anyone, honest.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Just in case you might have washed and dried the socks with other garments.

If you dried it in a clothes dryer, it's probably stuck inside of one of your other garments that you dried at the same time. Check the body of the garment, sleeves, legs, etc. You may find it there. I find socks inside of shirts, etc. all the time (not PD socks as i wash my wool separately and lay flat to dry, and so don't use a clothes dryer).

However, this very thing did happen to me once, when i had a "brain cramp" and put my PD socks in the same mesh laundry bag that my other worn/dirty/stinky clothes go in and then washed and dried them together. The socks actually made it through 'ok' and are still serviceable. In fact, i'm actually wearing that exact pair of socks as i type this Post.

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

Last weekend was a bit of a search and destroy, well actually my amazing spousal unit thought since I had some down time I could pick up the floor of the basement also known as "the place where I toss everything from a day of acquiring a living outside in the Pacific Northwest and change into even more stuff to play". She uses another word that sounds similar to references to swine pens.
    I absolutely agree that little sucker is velcroed to something from the dryer and when I find it I'll start a thread saying I'm an idiot, I've giving away my lone possum down sock and just found the other, would anyone care to…. .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools