Topic

Changing Sub-Forum location of a Post

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Changing Sub-Forum location of a Post

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    J M

@sulhopeful

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can change what subforum an already existing post is located in, for instance I want to change my post from MYOG to Gear List or SUL.
    Also someone told me that they can not PM me, I am a new member does anyone know if there is some verification process because I was never sent an email to verify my email address? My profile says "BPL Guest".

Link to the post I want to move: MyPost

Thanks

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

Don't know about changing forums, but do you have an email specified for PMs? Goto "Change My Profile" over on the right and then look at "Email Address for Private Messages(PMs):" Can't recall now if they send confirmations or not, but you either don't have that filled in or the confirmation went into your spam.

Welcome to BPL!

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"Can't recall now if they send confirmations or not, but you either don't have that filled in or the confirmation went into your spam."

You should be able to send a PM to yourself, if it is working.

–B.G.–

J M

@sulhopeful

Thank You Michael and Bob for your replies. I have now put in a PM email address, and even received the PM address change email, but still on my profile it states that you can send me an email because I have not specified a PM email address. I will give it some time.

Thanks

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

Can you give a step by step on how to send yourself a PM ?

I don't think it works that way, or it is very non-intuitive.

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

JM,
    Your PMs are set up now.

Cameron,
    No, you can't send yourself one. Even if you edit the URL to put in your username, it will say you can't send one to yourself.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

"Even if you edit the URL to put in your username, it will say you can't send one to yourself."

Michael, use two different email accounts, one for incoming and one for outgoing.

–B.G.–

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Bob,
    Testing an email address is easy. And you usually can send yourself one from the same address (I did it several times today, in fact). We're talking about PMs using the BPL site. You cannot send yourself a PM. The software will even tell you that if you try to force it. If you had 2 different accounts here, then it would work.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Bob@domain1 registers at BPL as Bob1, and Bob@domain2 registers at BPL as Bob2. Then Bob1 can send PMs to Bob2.

I wouldn't recommend that, because pretty soon the BPL server will be tied up with too many empty accounts.

–B.G.–

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools