Topic

Full PCT resupply point list?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Full PCT resupply point list?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alasdair Fowler

@messiahkhan

Locale: Newcastle, UK

Does anyone know where I can find a extensive list of PCT resupply points with addresses etc? I know http://www.planyourhike.com have a list, but they have split them onto separate pages, and I'm trying to be lazy so could do with it all on one page. Any ideas?

Chris C
    BPL Member

@cvcass

Locale: State of Jefferson
    Alasdair Fowler

@messiahkhan

That Postholer one should do the trick, thanks! I think my original list was from the Yogi books, but the postholder list includes several more resupply options which could mean carrying less food for sections, which is a bonus! :)

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

It's a good idea to double check directly with the addressee (such as a phone call) before actually shipping boxes. Some of the smaller post offices are on a closure list. I looked at a couple of the addresses I know on the postholer info, and it appears that some of the info is still from 2010. Even if the info has been updated, circumstances can change rapidly!

Chris C
    BPL Member

@cvcass

Locale: State of Jefferson

That is sound advice Mary, some of the resupply points were still closed late into the year of 2011 because of the snow levels lasting into summer. Also some of the info in yogi's book reference places that are no longer in business.

Alasdair Fowler

@messiahkhan

Thanks Mary & Chris. Yeah, I'm aware of some of the closures of post offices etc. Now I now have a fairly comprehensive list, I am going through them all and confirming addresses, phone numbers and opening times etc. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools