Topic

Bed Bug Bivy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Bed Bug Bivy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

Locale: mid-west

Long story short:

My wife has severe allergies and the doctor recommended that we cover our mattress with a dust mite cover. When we found the cover it was billed as a bed-bug cover and in fine print it also is an allergen blocker (dust mites). This may explain why it was marked down twice – I mean who wants to be seen in line at the store buying a bed bug cover. As we were putting it on the mattress, I remarked that the fabric reminded me of some of the fabrics I was looking at for a winter bivy sack.

Guess what I got for x-mas – a bed bug cover – marked down to $10. I quickly replaced the top with a breathable fabric, added a spin drift protector and tucked the corners a bit at the foot end. I'll let ya know how it works next week.

Enjoy,

Dave

Edit to add – Thanks for the breathable top fabric – Dave Miles

bed bug cover

With 2 pads and a -30 F bag – no mods yet

no mods

Corners tucked, zipper added, breathable top fabric added

mods

spin drift collar deployed

spin drift

Addison Page

@nihilist_voyager

Locale: Down the Rabbit Hole!

Props man. I gotta get me one of those! Too cool, and fairly easy to make by the looks of it. People in line thinking you have bed bugs is totally worth what you made there!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools