Topic

UltraLight 2oz. Emergency FUEL & WATER Carrier! JollyTank.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals UltraLight 2oz. Emergency FUEL & WATER Carrier! JollyTank.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark Edwards

@alderwood

We are now distributors for the only folding FUEL and food grade water bag in the USA! http://www.jollytank.com/
    They're called JollyTank, and hopefully it will help Alderwood Event Campground (alderwoodcamp.com) be able to really open next summer. Please use the referral code ULTRALITEHIKE to get 1 free for every 3 for $25, or 2 Free if you order 5 for $40!
    Imagine not having to carry a gas can in your car just in case, and you can carry any other liquid in it too, in case you need water, or for that emergency mead holder! This bag only weighs 2oz. So it's perfect for extreme hiking and camping and for ye olde bug-out-bag!
    Two for the glove compartment, and two for the backpack for $25 sent to your door!

Jollytank Collapsible Containers
    http://www.jollytank.com
    PERFECT FOR AUTOMOTIVE, MOTORCYCLE, BOAT, HOME, CAMPING, SURVIVAL KIT
    FOOD-GRADE PLASTIC IS SUITABLE FOR WATER, OIL, JUICE, WINE…ANY FOOD PRODUCT
    DISPOSABLE ONE-TIME-USE FOR CARRYING GASOLINE OR DIESEL FUEL TO YOUR STRANDED CAR!
    PERFECT FOR BACKPACKS AND BUG-OUT-BAGS –
    WEIGHS ONLY 2 OUNCES!
    MADE IN ITALY, NOT CHINA!

I run a small campground here in Chloe, WV, called Alderwood. We have really great hiking and you can really get into the middle of nowhere here. I am a lightweighty and so when I found these, I just had to have them for the camp store. I have had a JollyTank filled with gas for a couple of weeks, and it is fine. For liabilities sake, the label says to only use for six hours for fuel, but trust me, the thing isn't going to dissolve on you. I would recommend throwing it away after gasoline use, however.
    For water or food, the unit is totally reuseable, and I have several times. This bag is pretty tough, but it can get poked in the woods. A piece of seam or duct tape fixes it if it isn't oily at all. For any of you who have had to transfer gas in a hiking situation…and hated it…this is the product for you, like running out of chainsaw gas. We have a couple in each car, and I always carry three in my pack around here so I can give one to campers and stash one in hunting blinds (yes, they make make great tree stand and hunting blind 'bladders' and let no scent out.
    I really got into these and became the US distributor because after the last season that we call 'the year no one camped' lol, because of the recession, I had to get an auxiliary job that didn't require me to drive far, so this is it, and people love the product! You will absolutely not be disappointed with this product. The sardine-can-key style roll-up and band are very high end for what they are, and the bags hard handle is way easier on the hands and let's you hang the bag easily, unlike some of the cheaper flex plastic handled bags out there that usually only hold water.
    I really want the UL community to use these, and so that is why I've put out a few product referral codes that give more than is stated on the site. I know you will like these when you use them. If you don't, well, um, you're the odd one out, but I will give you your money back if you hate them that much, but you won't, when the one you put in the back of the wife's car comes in handy when she needs gas or water ;)

Your orders will directly help keep our awesome campground operating! Please go to Alderwoodcamp.com to make reservations and see if we have some events come in this year!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Mark

OK, it is relevant to BPL and in the right Forum channel and offers a special deal. Meets all requirements.

But maybe you could tone the spiel down a bit? It's a bit of a rave, and I have had a few complaints already. We go for fairly low-key here. Pays to fit in.

Cheers
    Roger Caffin
    Online Community Monitor
    backpacking Light

Mark Edwards

@alderwood

Hi,

I just wanted to explain it in detail and why I am here, so, thank you for not deleting it. I don't spam people at all. I look forward to being part of this forum and site.

Wade Ford
    BPL Member

@cwford

Locale: NTX

I am interested in these as large bladder for backpacking but I am worried about the closure system. How durable do you think it is? How many times can it be open/closed? Would you trust it inside your backpack?

Would it be possible to get a closeup picture of the closure mechanism?

Tim Zen
    Spectator

@asdzxc57

Locale: MI

<del></del>

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

As Roger points out, you've come on rather more like a shrill salesman than part a community who has something to offer. Check out how Robert updates people about his UL saw for an nice example:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=57245

To anyone uses plastic containers to trasnport fuel: I'm cool with it, do it all the time myself, and I might get some of these for emergency use in a car since they'd take up no room until needed.

BUT remember the silk and plastic comb experiment in physics? Or your shoes soles on carpet on a dry day? Gasoline over plastic generates static electricity. The plastic isn't conductive, the gasoline isn't conductive, so only on a humid day does the charge bleed off. If you don't bleed off the charge (by touching both objects with your bare hands: nozzle + car, fuel bag + boat, fuel bottle and stove, etc), you can make a spark. SPARKS around GASOLINE VAPORS are BAD!

This is not particular to these Jolly carriers, it is true of any plastic fuel tank. Fill them on the ground, ground them AS YOU POUR and be especially careful on low humidity days (cold, clear or high altitude).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools