Topic

Undulating Snow on the Vercors (French Alps)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Undulating Snow on the Vercors (French Alps)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steve Behaeghel
    BPL Member

@evets

Locale: Gent, BELGIUM

I have made a video trip report and gear review on a snowshoeing tour on the Vercors Plateau in the French Alps.

Please visit my blog for the report and video => Patagonian Dreams Blog

Thx
    Steve
    (Belgium)

Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

Nice photos and it reminds me of a few great trips,

I really love the Vercors plateau, i have been there quite often, last time for end of december , beginning of january we were using an MSR too, but a twin sisters.
    We did Iceland, Greenland, Patagonia too but not in the same order, and to be honest we were close to be disappointed in Patagonia.

Torres del Paine circuit was nice, end of april / start of may because it was empty thanks to the snow.
    But outside that area they are fences everywhere, after the total liberty encountered in Greenland it wasnt what we had hoped for.
    On the fun side you mentionned no mices from may to september, but while we were camping alone in valle del frances ( early may ), with about 20cm of snow, we had mices go under our paratipi even if we didnt eat there and had suspended our backpack with the food about 50m donwwind.
    When we woke up with mices crawling on us my wife realized they had punctured her neoair ( one corner was chewed ).

Whats your next destination ??

Steve Behaeghel
    BPL Member

@evets

Locale: Gent, BELGIUM

hi Fred,

Thx for your reply…

How long were you in Patagonia and did you got out of the famous southern triangle? For me the most beautiful and most remote part is Central Patagonia, the Chilean side, along the Carretera Austral. Incredible stuff to do there. But also there you will find a lot of private property with those terrible fences I know. Pay a visti to the folowing website => Conservacion Patagonica

Still we have a strong attraction to the region and we will go back again to some more exploration in the central part of Patagonia.

A lot of next trips (packrafting and thru-hiking) coming up in 2012, continuing in 2013: arctic scandinavia, great himalayan trail in Nepal, Patagonia and Central Andes.

Keep an eye on my blog for upcoming projects ;-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools