Topic

lightest windshirt that can withstand backpack abrasion

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) lightest windshirt that can withstand backpack abrasion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

So lets look at the bright side… you will be more visible on your bike; that is a good thing. And if you are embarrassed hiking with it, then you just might start hiking solo to avoid the fashion-conscious people on the trail; that is a good thing too. When Marmot phased out the Essence rain jacket, I could only get some sort of caution orange in my size… but it doesn't matter because very few people are going to see it :)

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I love my "clementine" houdini I do have a black one though for more dressy occasions! :)

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

That clementine color is actually less loud than what I usually wear on the bike, but it should get the job done.

Evan McCarthy
    BPL Member

@evanrussia-2

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

The Houdini is incredible. Apart from the other benefits described above, it can form the perfect high-breathability shell for on-the-go colder weather. A perfect piece to add to the clothing line of any backpacker.

Richard Colfack
    BPL Member

@richfax

Locale: ARIZONA

I just saw this 2012 jacket on MH's website. It weighs a claimed 1.9 ounces. I haven't used one so not sure if it can withstand backpack abrasion. It's stripped of everything to save weight; there's no hood, no pockets, and it's a half zip. Material is listed as "Whisperer 7D x 10D Ripstop". A couple reviewers noted that it doesn't breathe.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools