Topic

Vapor Barier Shirt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Vapor Barier Shirt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota

I'm looking to hire someone that can make me a VB shirt. I myself am pretty much worthless with a thread and needle so any help would be much appreciated!

A bit about the VB shirt I'd want:

unlined sillnylon
    XL long
    38" sleeves
    48" chest
    25" torso length
    18" neck
    pit, forarm, and chest vents with zippers
    unlined sillnylon
    collar, no hood

If you're good with a needle and thread or know someone who is let me know!

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I can't do this for you, but…

What's with all the vents? Are you planning on using this as a rain shirt too?

Other things you should specify are the fit, unless you want the chest to measure exactly 48 inches. It's confusing that you specify dimensions, but also XL long.

No entry zipper?

Any elastic for the wrists or waist?

Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota

The vents are used for regulating temperature while wearing the garment. Very important if you're planning on hiking while wearing a VB shirt.

The measurements given are to provide a general idea of the size I need. If someone where to make the garment for me we'd discuss the exact size.

The garment would be a pull over using the chest zipper to enlarge the head opening.

As the garment would be a VBL elastic at the wrists and waist is a given. If someone where to make the garment I'd ask them to have simple velcro closures on the writs to provide adjustable ventilation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools