Topic

hiker tries to rescue dog, needs rescue himself

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion hiker tries to rescue dog, needs rescue himself

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

I suspect that the only people that would not try it are those that don't own dogs. On another note, notice how the whole thing started when the lazy-a** dad didn't want to pack out his water bottle. Glad no one was hurt in the end.

Also, chaff?

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

mods can chaff it if they want … i put it here cause theres a hiker involved

and it seems a credible scenario for those who do hike with animals … what to do should yr pet need a rescue …

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"notice how the whole thing started when the lazy-a** dad didn't want to pack out his water bottle."

He should be fined, and he should have to pay the full cost of the rescue. Don't care if he has to pay for years to pay it off, don't care if he has to do without to pay it off.

Dave T

@davet

… post… can't… stop…

Leigh Baker
    BPL Member

@leighb

Locale: Northeast Texas Pineywoods

Couldn't agree with you more! What an idiot!!
    Sorry, I'm not usually so outspoken :)

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

My dog's always on a leash so I don't think it will ever be a problem. But if it happened, yes, I'd try to save my dog. And that's why I pay for life insurance. :)

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Be careful. That dog also took out a life insurance policy on you, with it as the beneficiary. It could be planning something.

–B.G.–

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

That sounds more like something the cat would do. It always looks like something is up behind that cat stare.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I think I am starting to get that "doggone" expression you guys up over use
    Franco

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools