Topic

20% off at Backwoods.com INCLUDING WM, + free shipping.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 20% off at Backwoods.com INCLUDING WM, + free shipping.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

20% off everything at backwoods.com. Including western mountaineering, AND free shipping.

Just picked up a Summerlite for $252

OOPS. sorry, didnt see the post below already.

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

If anyone else is thinking of taking advantage of the 20% coupon at backwoods, make sure you go through a cashback site like mrrebates or Fatwallet. Mrrebates is offering 12% cash back for Backwoods at the moment on top of the coupon. The summerlite mentioned above would have effectively been $222 after cash back.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

Now THAT would be an unbeateable WM deal. Maybe if I order another and cancel this one….

+$5.00 sign up bonus could make it $218!

Todd Dea

@busguy

Or buy the second one and sell one. I've seen summerlite's sell on the gear swap for as little as 8-10% off retail.

Oh … And don't beat yourself up. I've been using cash backs sites for a few years now and the number of times I get to a check-out and only remember about it just as I'm about to hit "purchase" is way more than it should be. In the last two days I purchased some items at Sierra Trading Post as well as 6pm (both of which are 5% cash back at mrrebates) and both times almost made the purchase without cash back !

Bobby Lee

@rblee

here's the mr rebates link Mr. Rebates 12% at backwoods.com

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns

I cant believe I just got a pair of LaSportiva wildcats for $54 bucks plus 12% cash back in 90 days. Happy New Year.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

Wow.

I signed up for Mr rebates AFTER I had already puchased the WM summerlite.

I went to Mr rebates site, clicked on backwoods and went there, etc.

Even though I had already purchased the bag, I got an email informing me of the rebate the next day.

The Summerlite cost 216.76 delivered. Wow. That is $100 off normal price

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

Todd…I went to the mrrebates site and signed in. So how does it work exactly. I would use mrrabtes to order something on Backwoods?

James….THANKS for the answer!

James Connolly
    BPL Member

@jamespjc

Locale: TX

You type in the name of the online store you want to visit. It will then tell you what the rebate amount is, and will then open a new browser page with the requested online store. You then buy your stuff, and the next day (or so) you get an e-mail from Mr Rebates confirming your rebate amount. However, you should note that it takes 90 days before you can use the rebate as they are waiting to see if you return the merchandise etc.

Justice Baker
    BPL Member

@jkokbaker

Locale: Central Oregon

How often does backwoods do these type of sales, I want a Summerlite but would like to wait.

John Arwood
    Spectator

@johnlarwood

Locale: Mountians of East Tennessee

Thanks to all for the heads up on the 20% off & free shipping deal at Backwoods!
    The extra 12% off & $5.00 sign up bonus, using Mr Rebate$ was a great help, too!
    I got a Western Mountaineering Badger MF shipped to me for $308.28 (after the Mr. Rebate$ rebate becomes available in 90 days), that is a $136.72 savings! Nice!!

Bruce Warner
    BPL Member

@magicrabbit

Locale: Midwest

Thanks Martin for the heads up on the sale,Todd for the Mr Rebates idea, and Bobby for the link. Got a WM ultralight with a 1.5 oz foot box overfill for $266.05 shipped after sale price and rebates! A really nice bag at a price I could afford. Thanks again.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

Is there a code or something? It doens't seem to be discounting me at backwoods..

and how do you get the 12% from mrrebates? when i signed up it said 6%

Bruce Warner
    BPL Member

@magicrabbit

Locale: Midwest

I believe it ended 12/31

Todd Dea

@busguy

The code was order20 but it looks like it has expired.

Companies change the cash back that they offer quite often. It was 12% but now is 6% as you pointed out.

Interesting that they changed the cash back rate AND ended the promo early I believe.

In early December they had a 25% off promo so you probably won't have to wait too long till the next one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools