Topic

Red Ram Merino Wool on sale at sierra trading post. (Made by icebreaker)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Red Ram Merino Wool on sale at sierra trading post. (Made by icebreaker)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

use code MTN7939D to get and extra 40% off when you spend $125.

This makes the wool tees around $18.

I have a few, and like them a lot.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/redram-merino-wool-base-layer-top-short-sleeve-for-men~p~4238x/?filterString=RedRam~b~3435%2F&colorFamily=05

plus… these long underwear bottoms are basically the same as the patagonia R1 bottoms. (waffle grid weave)…

$6.73 with the coupon.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/wic…r-men~p~13101/

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Not bad! I might

I have two Red Ram tops, one LS and one SS. A few things to note:

1. The weave seems a lot looser than the my Smartwool and Stoic tops. This seems to be what causes my main problem with the RR tops- they seem to loose their form pretty quickly, needing a wash to restore them.

2. Fit is a closer to regular than slim/athletic- my Red Ram tops in XL are close in size to 2011 Patagonia Capilene 1 in XXL, and Stoic wool in XXL.

3. I can see my nipples and belly hair through the white Red Ram too much for my liking. I prefer the Patagonia Cap 2 when it comes to white base layers.

4. Wish they came in colors other than black, white, and a very dark navy! The blue is flat, not as purdy as my Cap 1, Stoic, and Smartwool blue tops. :)

I got mine at Gander Mountain, where they go on sale for 20-30% off every once in a while.

For $18, I might have to get a few of the white RR SS tops to use as undershirts/baselayers. Thanks for the tip!

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

Appreciate the heads up.

This appears to be a new product line for STP and not one that I had heard of before. Picked up some base layers for my wife and a couple of the t's for myself.

Thanks again !

Mike Oxford
    BPL Member

@moxford

Locale: Silicon Valley, CA

Max uses hit… no longer works.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

IceBreaker has more colors and more "oddball" colors. I actually prefer the RedRam White/Black options as I use them as undershirts for work where I prefer the base colors.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools