Topic

Golite updated their clearance section

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Golite updated their clearance section

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

get it while the getting is good!

http://www.golite.com/Clearance.aspx

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

includes the Peak/Jam/Pinnacle pack family at about 50% of MSRP

Dan Quixote
    BPL Member

@dan_quixote

Locale: below the mountains (AK)

They've got last year's Jam, which some here raved about as having the best hip-belt ever (perhaps I'm exaggerating), even if it was a little heavier than previous iterations.

Ceph Lotus
    BPL Member

@cephalotus

Locale: California

I've noticed there are two different Golite Jams and two different Pinnacles. How can you tell the year they were released?

For the two Jams, one is listed at 1 lb 12 oz (2867 ci), and the other at 1 lb 14 oz (3050 ci).

The the two Pinnalces, one is at 2 lb 1 oz (4392 ci) and out of stock, and the other at 1 lb 15 oz (3843 ci).

William Chilton
    BPL Member

@williamc3

Locale: Antakya

One's the women's version and the other's the men's. They're all the latest (but soon to be replaced) version as they have the double wishbone hip belt.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Ceph, if you click the "clearance closet" link on the bottom of the intro page, you can see that some are men's specific and some are women's specific packs. The Jam is instock for both genders, but the pinnacle is only available for women. Personally, I think the differences between the two genders is fairly minimal. The womens' packs have a slightly more curved waistbelt (wider hips) but the padding is so minimal that you probably won't notice this (at least on the older models, without the wishbone hipbelt)

Also as a general rule, you can tell which pack is for which gender depending on the color scheme. Men's packs typically use contrasting colors (e.g. blue with gray, green with gray) while women's packs using complementing colors (e.g. blue with lighter blue, or green with lighter green)

If you really want to get a pinnacle, it might be worth it to try the women's version. But if you want a jam, you might as well get the gender appropriate version while you can. Also, the women's packs are usually smaller in volume for their respective size. You usually lose around 5 liters for the same size pack when going from male to female.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

the pack size difference, I think fairly obviously, comes from the fact that the pack is designed for the persons height and the volume derives from there. If the absolute volume is of concern, get the men's in your size, it will be slightly bigger as Konrad points out.

What I find odd is that the women's RS-3 mummy is lighter and more expensive than the men's, but no length information is given on the golite site at all for either bag…

anyway, big fan of my pre-'09 Pinnacle!

Bobby Lee

@rblee

the golite website is barely functional. so slow.

Conner D

@cdipaolo

Locale: SoCal

agreed. Although they do have a good layout compared to other websites of the same nature.

Kyle Meyer
    BPL Member

@kylemeyer

Locale: Portland, OR

The Roan Plateau jacket seems like a great deal for the price with 5.8oz of 800fill in it at 16oz total weight.

Has anyone tried these on or own one before? I am 6' tall and 195 lbs. I have a large Montbell Alpine Light but it's plenty roomy and I'd love a tighter fitting jacket. Could I get away with a medium?

EDIT: Bought a medium. Will update with pictures of how sexy I am all puffed up. Thanks to the OP for posting this deal.

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

The Shangri-La 3 for $130 is a steal. They list the weight including the 12 oz pole which really skews things if you are using trekking poles with an extender or strap to join them. It's an awesome shelter at 25 oz plus stakes. Plus I'll give you $10 for the pole if you don't want it. I have the 1.5 oz extender and started thinking I should get the regular pole for winter use to keep my trekking poles free.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

I just returned from the Boulder Golite sale warehouse. I was looking for a SL-1 fly/nest/floor. The sale e-mail today described this as a new model, which has toggles and loops to connect the nest to the fly. This would increase the inside elbow room, like the SL-2. The SL-1 fly doesn't have exterior tie-out loops, but I figured I could add some. As it turned out, all of the SL-1 componenets were boxed up and ready to be shipped back to the main warehouse for online sales. The manager consented to open the boxes and let me buy what I needed (very, very nice of her). Upon looking over the fly and the nest, neither had the toggles/loops. So these are not 2011 components, but perhaps 2010 or earlier. It's still a great buy, but not quite what the product description indicated. Just a heads up for ya'll.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools