Topic

Personal Brand labels?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Personal Brand labels?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Eric Parsons

@ericp

Locale: Alaska

Does anyone have any recomendations or experience of getting your own "manufacture" labels made up? I figured some of the more experienced folks on this forum have thought at one time putting their name or logo on something they have made. You know like the making your own logo to sew on the end of a finished project. I found a few places on-line but was curious if anyone else has tried this before here.
    Thanks,
    E

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Some of the labels are very nice looking, and worth the money. I used to make custom medieval dresses and hippie clothes, and often put a label sewn in :-) It was a nice touch, and made it more "professional" feeling.

Kevin Pietriyk

@pietriyk

Locale: Northeastern PA

I don't sew well enough to want credit for my creations! Actually, I have a brand made with my logo and signature, I use it on furniture that I make. If I make a piece of gear that I like, I'll usually sign it somewhere with the date, just so I can remember when I made something. I looked at the custom sew-in tags at the fabric store on Saturday, I'm just not to that level yet- but if you were, they're a neat touch.

Gene .

@tracker

Locale: New England

You might contact Henry Shires of TarpTent, his labels are nice.

Mark Hurd
    BPL Member

@markhurd

Locale: Willamette Valley

Eric,
    You may want to contact your local Boy Scout District or Council. All the standard ranks and merit badges are pre-made, but local events, especially for Cub Scouts, often have a patch associated with them. I'll bet they'll be able to direct you to someone that can make your labels.
    -Mark

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

I saw a small stand in a shopping centre which made sewn labels with letters and figures using a PC-controlled sewing machine. Not expensive.
    If you can find someone with a really up-market sewing machine they might be able to do it for you.

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Remember where you are posting; we'd all just end up cutting off your label to save a few grams.. :)
    Seriously though, check the tailor shops outside a nearby military base, if you have one. They make name tags and patches and can do almost anything your want in any number of colors, really cheap.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I'm in agreement with Brett. I've cut all the labels off all my stuff anyway.

Eric Parsons

@ericp

Thats pretty funny, good point! those 1"x2" nylon pieces really weigh a ton! I would be more inclined to cut off Gucci labels than my "proud own" though.

Its more for stuff I make for other people. I'm not making any money or anything but my friends actually want me to come up with my own logo & label!

Steve Smith

@bardsandwarriors

Locale: Wales

If you were clever about it – you would get them to make an ultralight label, using carefully selected UL threads, on a small but very beautiful-looking patch of silnylon, and a pattern which utilises the highest artistic-value-to-thread-length ratio ;)

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Eric:

Go for it! Your label will serve as a valuable multi-use item! It will be a sign of your dedication to the gear you make. As well, it will help distinguish between true friends (who will keep and treasure your label) versus riff-raff's like Brett and Sam! :)

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

I would only tear it off to have it signed, and then framed on my wall; of course..

Thomas Knighton

@tomcat1066

Locale: Southwest GA

Nice save there Brett :D

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I don't believe Eric will fall for it.

Heh heh heh [evil, instigating laugh]

Eric Parsons

@ericp

a 1" x 2" label Si Nylon that is also Adhesive backed so you could rip it off and use it as a patch. Ha haa you wanted multi use- there you go!

would certaintly have to use Specra thread for the embroadary…

god I cant spell…

Einstein X
    BPL Member

@einsteinx

Locale: The Netherlands

Haha,

Maybe you could soak some parafine (candel wax) into the label so it can be dualuse as an emergency firestarter. LOL

Eins

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools