Topic

” Time To Renew ” emails

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support ” Time To Renew ” emails

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nathan V
    BPL Member

@junk

Locale: The Great Lake State

I have gotten three "Time To Renew" emails in the last few weeks, doesn't seem right to me since I have an Mlife membership. I'm sure it's just a computer glitch, but it's kind-of getting old deleting them.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Have you sent an email/PM to Addie?

Nathan V
    BPL Member

@junk

No, I haven't. Why didn't I think of that, thanks Doug. I'm sure that she will take care of it.

Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

This is one of the things we're hoping to fix, because I get asked about it A LOT. Here's the boilerplate answer:
    Unfortunately, our automatically generated renewal reminders do not recognize a Lifetime membership as a reason not to pester you. This means that you can ignore and delete the total of three reminders you'll be getting. This also means you'll still get all three. :)

What happens is that the one-year subscription IS expiring, which triggers the automatic reminders. Those go out at 21 days, 7 days, and 1 day from expiration. They they go away.

The only other possibility (which I made sure wasn't Nathan's case) is that users sometimes create entirely new contact records when they order the lifetime subscription. In those instances, I move the lifetime sub to the proper account, which doesn't stop the renewal emails, but makes them safe to ignore again.

Hope this helps!
    Addie

Nathan V
    BPL Member

@junk

Thanks Addie, I figured it was some sort of automatic computer generated message.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools