Topic

O Canada!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable O Canada!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Maher
    Spectator

@dfmaher99

Locale: SoCal

Very motivating trip report!
    Keep up the great parenting work with your daughter – you've set the bar very high.

One practical question, what type of rain gear did you end up using? Effectiveness?

Eric Gjonnes
    BPL Member

@ekg

Locale: Northwest

Good question Daniel. We used $.99 emergency ponchos till Washington. Sunshine wore her Dry Ducks in Washington but still got pretty wet from condensation. My pants tore out right away so I wore only the jacket letting my lower body get wet.
    This year, we are carrying Six Moon Designs Gateood Capes (11 ozs.) with Zpacks rain chaps (1.9 ozs.). The Cape is a poncho/tent.

Brian
    BPL Member

@viewsion

Congrats to you both, an inspiring father/daughter thru hike! My husband and I sectioned hike a portion of Washington this summer and met many of the other thru hikers you mentioned. Hopefully a mother to be in the near future, I would like to know how Sunshine became such a strong hiker at such a young age? I would love to do the same with my kids, any tips would be great.

Hiccup

Nathan Creech

@norcalblacktail

Locale: California

Very cool. I have enjoyed reading each of your trip reports. Nothing short of amazing. Your daughter is a real trooper. Congratulations! I look forward to any future trip reports of yours.

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

What an inspirition you two are to those of us who are still toying with the idea of such a pilgramage. Kudos and thanks!

GD
    BPL Member

@nsiderbam

I really enjoyed reading these! Congrats and I'm so glad that you had such a great and memorable experience! Good luck with the AT and your daughter's Triple Crown goal!

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools