Topic

5.3oz waterproof jacket (Salomon Minim Ultimate Pullover) – $68 (minus $10 for first time customers)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 5.3oz waterproof jacket (Salomon Minim Ultimate Pullover) – $68 (minus $10 for first time customers)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I was looking at the VFF sale on LeftLane Sports and noticed they also have up a bunch of jackets. One of which, I don't know anything about, but it looks tempting — the Salomon Minim Ultimate Pullover is listed as a 5.3oz jacket, with breathability and waterproofing at 10,000K mm… not eVent, but pretty amazing if it really comes in close to 5oz. Anyone have any first hand experience with this jacket?

For those who don't know, Left Lane Sports is one of the many short-term deal sites, similar to TheClymb and many others. I have no affiliation with the site, but if you sign up through my link, you get an instant $10 shopping credit, and they also give me $10 credit.

I'm just curious if this is worth buying.

A few other jackets too, including some down layers, but this looked like the most interesting product that I hadn't seen before.

Jason Hortin
    BPL Member

@jhortin

Locale: Chicago

I love mine if you're still looking into buying one. Mine weights in at 6.75 oz and is a size Medium. (For reference, I'm 5'10" and 160lbs)… I wish they had black as it's not the same red as my Mountain Hardware synthetic puffy ;)

Ben F

@tekhna

It's heavier, but you can get the Patagonia Torrentshell for about the same price right now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools