Topic

Pulk-able winter trails reachable from Philadelphia?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking Pulk-able winter trails reachable from Philadelphia?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    james w glenn
    Spectator

@bark-eater

I'm cross posting this here, and i the Pre-trip planning forum. I hope thats ok.

This will be my first winter in the Mid Atlantic for some time, so I'm looking for areas within 4 hours of Philadelphia to take 2-4 day ski and snowshoe trips dragging a pulk.
    I did the Old Loggers Trail this summer and think that this would be about the limit of "up and down" I would want to take on in deep snow.
    Though it is a stretch, I would really like to find a trail I can can access with public transportation, as my present vehicle is a subcompact buzz bomb. Beyond that, I will need to find trails that are accessible by plowed roads.

Michael Schwartz
    BPL Member

@greenwalk

Locale: PA & Ireland

I'd highly recommend the Batona Trail, and other branch trails. Then you have Harriman State Park, Catskills …

You'll find a good report on the Batona Tail in the Post-Trip Reports. –Mike

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools