Topic

(non sweet) Energy Drinks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition (non sweet) Energy Drinks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Douglas Hus

@hustler

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Greetings, are there any reviews of powdered energy drinks out-there?
    I'm looking for something that is low in the sugar end.

Thanks,
    Doug

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

Are you looking for something that is sweetened but not pegging the glycemic index, using fructose and/or complex carbs to slow the insulin spike or are looking for a more protein drink?
    There are reviews for sport drinks for cycling[i.e. endurox cytomax,and accelerade] and drinks for bodyduilding [pre and post workout recovery drinks.]
    Some have stimulants lke guarana,taurine,caffiene or products like branch chain amino acids or creatin.
    Both bicycing, outside, and muscle and fitness have done reviews … go hit your library.
    PerformanceBike currantly lists 32 brands. I do know taste and consistancy play a big role in how well you can chew down some of these drinks.

wayne aune

@waune

I have used Cytomax (ice tea flavor) and have been pretty happy. It is fairly low in sugar. Cytomax has come out with a nutritional drink that has been created for prior to exercise. One flavor is an orange smoothie and all you do is add water. Excellent for breakfast. Alot of people just want water and there are alot of different things you can add to get a little flavor. Lemon or spearamint for example. Take a look at the post on warm drinks too.

James Pitts

@jjpitts

Locale: Midwest US

I don't like the stuff that is really sweet either. I just buy the powder and add it to the water to taste. I think I wind up using 1/2 what the package says to add. I mostly want the stuff for the electrolytes but I have started thinking of switching to pills (Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes specifically).

Mike Clelland

@mikeclelland

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)

the CLIF SHOT electrolite replacement powder is good (Cran-Razz is the flavor prefered by me)

And Emerge-C is good too.

Both are not too sweet.

Alec Muthig

@alekat

Locale: Wyoming, USA

Hammer Nutrition makes a powder called Sustained Energy. It's meant for exercise that takes hours, mixes well, has no flavor, includes some protein and has been useful for me in some of my training/races.

http://www.e-caps.com/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools