Topic

The usual suspects, the usual place…12/10/11

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports The usual suspects, the usual place…12/10/11

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Nothing fancy here, just the typical overnight local trip with my typical partner…

http://sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/the-usual-suspects-the-usual-place-121011/

These quick overnights are just too easy, a great fast recharge…though I am beginning to get the itch for a multi-day, high mile trip soon.

I actually carried my old external frame pack on this trip just for kicks, thinking it might not be too bad…but I hated it within one fourth of a mile. I guess my memory is short; I can't imagine how I got by with 50 pounds in that thing 15 years ago. The load sways (even at less than 20 lbs.), it rattles and makes all sorts of noises, I kept banging my head on the upper frame bar whenever I looked up, and the hipbelt and straps felt ridiculously oversized and clumsy. I guess there is something to these newfangled little packs…

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

…"It's not doing nothing, Dad. We're looking and listening."

Very Nice.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

The experiences/values you are teaching your son are priceless! It is nice that you also get to benefit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools