Topic

Use my moosejaw points and get 20% off anything at moosejaw.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Use my moosejaw points and get 20% off anything at moosejaw.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

Locale: Arizona and British Columbia

No longer active. All points gone. Thanks and enjoy your items. The remaining text of this post is out of date for reference only

I don't have any gear to trade, but I do have a deal to offer so I hope this is the right forum.

Basically, I have just over …. dollars of credit at moosejaw.com.(To be exact, I have >….. moosejaw points and can purchase goods through the moosejaw rewards program.)

I could save this up to buy more gear but I have no pressing items to get, so I'm wondering if anyone would like to get any item available on moosejaw.com for a 25% discount.

This is a good discount for gear like Western Mountaineering, Arcteryx etc, that don't go on sale or only have a limited selection when they do.

You can select any amount of gear up to a $… dollar value and I'll ask only 75% of the dollar price. You can paypal me the funds and then I'll order the goods on moosejawrewards.com. Note that moosejaw also charges my credit for shipping, about $6-8 dollars, but I'll cover this if you buy anything over $200 dollars.

IMPORTANT Caveats:
    Moosejaw doesn't allow returns on items purchased with points. I'm not sure if the order can be cancelled before it is shipped, so if you do this deal, assume the transaction can't be reversed once you send me the payment. It also sounds like there is a couple day delay for reward purchases, so there is a small chance the item will go out of stock. I'll return the funds of course it that occurs.

Details about returns/exchanged here:

http://www.moosejawrewards.com/moosejaw/shop/content_returns_10209_10000002_-1

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

BUMP: I've got more points in so my offer in the first post is live.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

Pm sent for some points

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

You can transfer points. It might be easier for all parties to "sell" your points at an 20% discount of face value. E.g. 10,000 points for $80.

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

I'm willing to sell points as well. In fact I'm selling about 5600 of my points to Ted. The moosejaw system seems to be a pain though, do you have experience using the online form or do you call in? I keep getting a blank screen when clicking transfer points.

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

I think I had to e-mail them. Takes a few days to go through their system. Calling might be faster.

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

Ok, I sold about 5k of points. I still have over 45,000 points.

Not alot of biting, maybe because people aren't familar/comfortable with what I said, so here's another proposition: if multiple people write in the thread for the same item, for example, WM summerlite 6', I will order it, take pictures of it, then put it on gearswap.

So if you want a particular WM sleeping bag or maybe some other item, post it in this thread and if there's demand from multiple people for the same item, you'll eventually see your desired item, brand new, with tags, on gear swap. The reason why I need posts from multiple people before I order an item is because posting is pretty easy but I'm 100% committed if I order anything using my points.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

guys, i ended up buying about 5700 points from him. although it took a little while to get them because he had to call in to transfer the points, they all came through.

thanks

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

Still selling my points. Discount is now 25%, ie, 1000 moosejaw points is $7.5, if you pay or otherwise eliminate the paypal fees.

Ryan Simpson

@simpsonry

I'd be interested in purchasing some of those points from you if they are still available.

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

Hi Ryan, you haven't setup an email so I can't PM (private message) you. Post up an email so we can get in touch.

Ben F

@tekhna

Is it a point=penny?

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

Yes, I think that is the conversion rate. Maybe it would be clarifying to check out http://www.moosejawrewards.com and look at the prices, which are in points.

Ben F

@tekhna

Got it–what I was hoping to get doesn't seem to be on their rewards site, sadly.

Christina Wu

@govizslas

I sent you a PM. I'm interested in buying.

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

At this time I only have 30000 points (plus a little extra to cover shipping).

Steve Kraus
    Spectator

@ucla56

I'm looking for around 3500. Need to act fast
    [email protected]

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

Email sent. Note the points transfer system is not suited to urgent purchases. It takes about 2 business days from when I call in at moosejaw for you to see the points.

Charles Henry

@chuckie_cheese

No longer active. All points gone. Thanks and enjoy your items.

Craig Leeson

@cdleeson

ANYONE STILL SELLING POINTS?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools