Topic

Battle of the farbrics.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Battle of the farbrics.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

Ha I bet you thought this would be about Cuben but its not. The question is simple is momentum 90 better then the .09 ounce stuff from owfinc ? The owfinc stuff is a little lower price ? So to all you people who have used both how do they compare in the aspects of water resistance and wind resistance ?

Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

Locale: Fruita CO

I haven't seen the mini ripstop from owfinc but have used quite a bit of the black taffeta (I've used a lot of m90 as well) and can tell no difference visually or in practice between the two. I know there have been other posts in the past speculating that they're the same thing.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

Will,

The OWFINC stuff and the OLD M90 seem to be exactly the same.

The new M90 colors have a different feel to them and are more transparent than they used to be. Not sure about the new stuff's water and wind resistance.

Jesse Taylor
    BPL Member

@ahikernamedgq

Mate, what's a

farbric?

David Olsen
    Spectator

@oware

Locale: Steptoe Butte

Something so heavy that if you carry it too far it feels like you are carrying a brick.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools