Topic

REI Ultra Light Rain Shell- $60

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI Ultra Light Rain Shell- $60

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Caleb Wininger

@caleb_sandler

Locale: Michigan

Marked down from $120 at rei.com. you can probably find them in stock at your local store also.

Bought one yesterday. It's fully featured. 2.5 layer W/B with pockets, pit zips, a zip-off hood w/stiffened brim, etc. for 13 oz. (size medium). not the lightest but for that cheap it may be worth it. not sure about the breathability. i'll post a review after i've had a chance to try it out.

here's bpl's stats on it:
    REI Ultra Light

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

REI's January Clearance starts this Friday. Who knows, you may be able to pick one up for even cheaper???

Caleb Wininger

@caleb_sandler

Locale: Michigan

already have a problem with this jacket. the main zipper tabs are some gimmicky rubber pulls with embeded metal rings that attatch to the actual zipper. two of them have already broken off at the metal ring. also, the main zipper is a ykk but has some kind of locking spring-loaded mechanism built in. the zip will only come down if you pull on the zipper tab to recess the lock. since the tab broke off you have to jam a knife or something into the zip mechanism to release the catch so you can get the freakin jacket off! overengineered and poorly executed.

i have since replaced the broken tabs with parachute cord loops that i made. seem to do the trick and are far simpler and more reliable. i think i'll hold on to the jacket for now and see if i like the rest of the features. with rei's return policy i can always take it back if it fails in any other ways…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools