Topic

TUrkey from tomorrow…dehydrate it?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition TUrkey from tomorrow…dehydrate it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Just curious. Is anyone planning to take some of the leftovers from tomorrow's grand meal and dehydrate them? If you put them in the freezer, they should be fine next summer….and it would make for an interesting meal on the trail…

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

I love my leftovers way too much to even think of dehydrating.

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

I find that roasted turkey doesn't come back well at all. If you want to dry turkey I'd suggest preparing it especially for the dehydrator by cooking small pieces (or fresh ground meat) and cooking in a moist way (soup or stew or chili or pressure cooking) starting with uncooked meat as opposed to using leftovers.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Yeah….the problem with roasted turkey (and chicken) is when you dry it, it runs the real risk of becoming turkey jerky. Enjoy the leftovers but you can always cook up a turkey breast the moist way and dry that!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools