Topic

Eddie Bauer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Eddie Bauer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Eric Botshon
    BPL Member

@ebotshon

Eddie Bauer is offering 40% off until noon on Friday.

They also sent out a coupon for $50 off $150, however it is only valid the 29th(Tuesday) through the 8th.

Does anyone have any "creative" shipping ideas on how to somehow combine these two offers?

NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

Locale: NoCO

Fine print….
    *40% Off Everything offer valid in Eddie Bauer stores and Eddie Bauer Outlet stores on November 25. Offer excludes eddiebauer.com and phone (catalog) purchases. Offer does not include and cannot be applied to previous or pending purchases, credit card balance, taxes, monogramming charges, gift cards, or gift boxes. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.

*Eddie Bauer Bucks valid from 11/29/11 through 12/8/11 in Eddie Bauer stores, through catalogs, or at eddiebauer.com or firstascent.com for merchandise purchase. $50 Eddie Bauer Bucks card may be used only once. For each $50 card redeemed, a minimum purchase of $150 is required. $50 Eddie Bauer Bucks card not valid at Eddie Bauer Outlet stores or for online clearance items. A maximum of 4 cards can be used on one transaction. When the discount is redeemed via eddiebauer.com, firstascent.com or through catalogs, the discount will be applied as a price reduction across all the items on the order, not off the total purchase. In addition, when an item is returned that was purchased using Bauer Bucks, the buyer will be refunded the actual amount paid for each item, not the full price of each item. No adjustments to pending or prior purchases. Cannot be redeemed for cash or used as payment on any credit card account. Card cannot be applied to taxes, shipping and handling fees, gift boxes or purchase of gift cards/certificates. Card cannot be combined with another offer. Card is void if altered or reproduced. No cash back, gift cards or merchandise credit will be given for returns of merchandise purchased with card. Eddie Bauer is not responsible for lost or stolen cards or the use of card without recipient's knowledge. Card is not a gift certificate/card. Cash value: 1/100 of a cent.

Ross Rozycki

@turtl631

Bummer, my local store has like 3 FA items total.

Ben F

@tekhna

Could you special order stuff to the store and get 40%? 40% off a Peak XV would be pretty sweet..

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

Want to get a sneak peek on our holiday sales? The fun begins tomorrow with 30% off everything online, and continues on Black Friday with 40% off everything in stores and 30% off everything online. (Online shoppers enter code GOBBLE at checkout!) Happy Thanksgiving!

Maris L
    BPL Member

@ablaut

Heads up for their "Cyber Monday Sale" – 40% off everything online today. Free shipping with $49 or more. Code CYBER40. They also have those new Microtherm hoodies and vests up!

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

the peak 15 is REALLY tempting with that coupon :(

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

they came out with the microtherm down hoodie and vest…looks fast and light

http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/First-Ascent/Mens-First-Ascent-Down/index.cat

Jedd Cheshier

@jeddcheshier

Locale: Midatlantic

Recently I went looking to make a purchase at Eddie Bauer to purchase some First Ascent items and they did not have them in stock. I went to another 2 stores, all of which did not have the items I was looking for (Peak XV, Igniter, or Mountain Guide Hooded Jacket). At the final store the manager gave me a card that is supposed to be "valid on your purchase of regular- and sale-priced merchandise at any Eddie Bauer store…." The only exclusion is online clearance items. There is no way to use the card online for "sales" because all of their "sales" have a promo code that has to be entered even though it is good for anyone that clicks on the website. So, I called their 800 number to place an order.

I was told that the promotion they are running is not a "sale". So, my card-given to me for my inconvenience-was not able to be used for the "sale" they are having. I plead my case that it was purely semantics and that this is indeed a sale, but I was denied. I think that is pretty lousy customer service.

I was extremely interested in buying from them(which would have still been for more than $200 with my discount-plus continued future purchases), but now I would NEVER buy from them again given my experience.

Sorry for the rant, but a company so devoted to making their customers happy really let me down.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

hmmm. So, let me get this straight. You couldn't find the jacket you were looking for and so they gave you a discount card to appease you.

Now you are upset that they won't take the discount card on top of their already low sale prices?

This isn't technically a "sale". It is a discount when you put in the promo code. Semantics? Yes. But they do have sales every now and then. (ie 30% off all down items). Then you would be able to use your discount card.

How much of a discount were you given on your card?

Eric Botshon
    BPL Member

@ebotshon

It really is a shame that they don't fully stock their entire line in stores. There are three stores within 40 minutes of me. Two have limited stock and the other only has downlight jackets and some socks.

At 40% off their online sale is still a great deal. And you can always buy a bunch and return to the store whatever you don't decide to keep.

I always call ahead to any outdoor retailer before I stop by if I am looking for a PARTICULAR item.

EDIT: I now do see your frustration that the card says it can be used on sale items, and apparently isn't.

Jedd Cheshier

@jeddcheshier

Locale: Midatlantic

It is a great deal. So was the in store sale for Black Friday when I went out (also 40%, plus I would have gotten a $50 certificate too). I like to be able to try things on and I already have other Eddie Bauer items so I know how they fit. The card was supposed to be good for 20% off my entire purchase. Again, the ONLY exclusion listed on the card is for online clearance items. It specifically says sale items are included on the card.

If the card didn't say it was good on "sale" items I wouldn't even care, but it also wouldn't have been much of a gesture on their part either. Things regularly go on "sale" for 20% off at Eddie Bauer. If the card wasn't meant to compensate me for my inconvenience, I wouldn't even be worried about it. Since it was, I find it to be pretty lousy service.

At this point, I can find other comparable items at the same price elsewhere, also with no question asked return policies.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

It sucks that you ran all over the place looking for your items.

I've been there. Not fun at all.

Hope you find your gear.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

jedd ,,,

id post yr experience on the EB fbook page, or contact em directly … usually they are pretty good about things

Dan Johnson

@seattle

Locale: PNW

Hey Jedd,

As a disclaimer I work for EB in one of the stores and anything I say are my words only and cannot be said for the company. With all that legal stuff said hopefully I can assist in some fashion. I am familiar with the coupon you were given first off. Second, with all the sales that we've had everyone is having a hard time trying to find what they are looking for. It sucks you had to run around everywhere but ask an associate next time to do the searching for you. We can "loosely" check the inventory at other stores and call for you to save you the trouble you went through. The card you were given is totally legit to use on sale items, but the sale (Black Friday Sale) you tried to use it on had the exlusion of not being able to combine with any other offer. The coupon is the "other offer" in this case. So, it's not combinable. I hope that made sense? If you watch EB sales enough you'll know that we have regular sales all the time that you can use that card with. I am assuming no one took the time to say all that or else you wouldn't be so upset. I'd be happy to help out anyway I can next time, just reach out. Although, if you're not happy unless you get the double discount then well… maybe you won't ever be happy.

Almost forgot. The jackets you were looking for are almost all catalog exclusive (only a few of our largest stores carry them). Last year we had them all in stores that carried FA but there wasn't enough interest I'm assuming to keep them around this year. Hope that clarifies a little more for you.

Best regards

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

Yea, it's too bad about not having more of the clothes in stores. Last year my local store (actually 2 of them) had basically the whole catalog, minus the summit suit.

This year only one of the stores carries FA, mostly the down sweaters and basic shells. They have some pants, but almost all in XL–so there's not even anything I can try on to know how something similar will fit.

As long as EB keeps having 40% off and clearance sales I'll keep trying out the clothing, so I guess I can't complain too much. The full-prices have crept up too much since the first generation though, and they can't go much more before being higher than their more established and recognized competition.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools